Author Topic: Working dogs video  (Read 1548 times)

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Working dogs video
« on: February 06, 2010, 02:13:15 PM »
I have just watched this video and owning two working cockers found it very interesting.
I don't think I will ever go on a shoot myself but it was good to watch and see the dogs doing the job they were bred for.
I must warn you there are scenes not for the squeamish (injured birds being dispatched) but these come towards the end of the video and you can shut your eyes (I couldn't watch myself, whim that I am).
I did find it rather sad to see all the dead birds at the end of the video but then I am bit of a whim as I have said  :'(  but it does show how good the dogs are at their job to have got so many.
It was good to see the dogs working and enjoying themselves as I would never have the opportunity in real life.
http://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/index2.html

sorry I couldn't post the link but not that technical  >:(  It's the one on the right - gundogs
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
Re: Working dogs video
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
Thanks for that, that was absolutely fascinating. I did squirm a bit when he had to kill the birds, but surprisingly didn't find it as bad as I thought I would. Truly fascinating to watch them work and learn a lot about it all. I have always wanted to give this a go. Maybe one day.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline JohnW

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 09:20:56 AM »
Thanks for that, that was absolutely fascinating. I did squirm a bit when he had to kill the birds, but surprisingly didn't find it as bad as I thought I would. Truly fascinating to watch them work and learn a lot about it all. I have always wanted to give this a go. Maybe one day.

Someone looking for a working cocker then  :005:

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »

Are you offering the Gorgeous Raven then.  :luv:  :shades:  :005: I'd love one.  ;) Just not practical at the mo though. I did think about working my black show bitch a while back as I have always said she is a worker in a shows body.  :shades: and someone I know that works his labs had said that I should, but I never got round to it and now I know I don't have time. I am enjoying showing at the mo and Agility and running my own business takes a lot of time, but one day I will have my worker and would love for it to do what it is breed for. I find it fascinating and we don't hear nearly enough about it. I look forward to more.  :D

Offline JohnW

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »

Are you offering the Gorgeous Raven then.  :luv:  :shades:  :005: I'd love one.  ;) Just not practical at the mo though. I did think about working my black show bitch a while back as I have always said she is a worker in a shows body.  :shades: and someone I know that works his labs had said that I should, but I never got round to it and now I know I don't have time. I am enjoying showing at the mo and Agility and running my own business takes a lot of time, but one day I will have my worker and would love for it to do what it is breed for. I find it fascinating and we don't hear nearly enough about it. I look forward to more.  :D

A few months ago I would happily have given Raven away, he went through the little b***** stage, a complete nightmare especially with my older dogs as he is a rite little wind up merchant. Thankfully he is turning into a well behaved calm little gent (apart from the odd moment  :shades:) I think you should try your show girl and maybe think about some gundog tests, They seem to do well the ones I have seen. Give it a go (If you can train in agility You can train at anything  :lol2:) Look forward to seeing when (ooopss wether) you get you worker  :shades:  :D

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 10:44:10 AM »

Are you offering the Gorgeous Raven then.  :luv:  :shades:  :005: I'd love one.  ;) Just not practical at the mo though. I did think about working my black show bitch a while back as I have always said she is a worker in a shows body.  :shades: and someone I know that works his labs had said that I should, but I never got round to it and now I know I don't have time. I am enjoying showing at the mo and Agility and running my own business takes a lot of time, but one day I will have my worker and would love for it to do what it is breed for. I find it fascinating and we don't hear nearly enough about it. I look forward to more.  :D

A few months ago I would happily have given Raven away, he went through the little b***** stage, a complete nightmare especially with my older dogs as he is a rite little wind up merchant. Thankfully he is turning into a well behaved calm little gent (apart from the odd moment  :shades:) I think you should try your show girl and maybe think about some gundog tests, They seem to do well the ones I have seen. Give it a go (If you can train in agility You can train at anything  :lol2:) Look forward to seeing when (ooopss wether) you get you worker  :shades:  :D

Oh darn. You mean I've left it to late for Raven.  :'( :shades: :005: I don't believe Raven could be anything other than perfect.  :luv: :shades: I'm sure Morgana would love it if I had time and she may be a bit stuck in her ways now.  :shades: My next will prob be another show for show, but it's not weather, but when I get a worker if I have anything to do with it, but it will be when it's right and I have the time and space to give it what it needs, so Watch this space.  :shades: