Author Topic: Ruby went over to the Dark Side !  (Read 1923 times)

Offline SJP

• Site Member
Re: Ruby went over to the Dark Side !
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »
Permission to ask really stupid question????

Do people get working strain clipped?  Woods is (as you can see) mostly black and does get very hot - what does everyone think? 

Bx

Think Ruby looks gorgeous both before and after. 

Lola is a working strain  ;)
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline Chocolatecoco

• My chocolate baby
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 11:14:22 AM »
hi

Ruby looks stunning after the haircut  :luv:

I have 2 working cockers and they regulary go to the groomers, They had their first really clip this time and its taken a bit of time to get used to the shaven head look that groomer said is the workers look, I was like where have their curls on their head gone  :huh:

I do have their ears left long and also their tails although partly docked are left feathered and their under coat is feathered underneath as well just not as long as ruby as they havent fully grown in yet girls are only 11 months now.

My coco girly

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »
Ruby looks lovely!  :luv:  She still definatley looks like a Cocker Spaniel...  :D

I'm still toying with the idea of taking Honey to the groomers (she's 3/4 worker, but very fluffy!!!).
I doubt I will, as I do love her fluff - though if we are having a really hot summer, that may make my decision for me (especially as a growing bump may well make keeping on top of her grooming more difficult!!).

My philosophy has always been that, while it's not causing her any (heat related) problems, I'll try and keep her fluffy... but if it starts to effect her quality of life, I'll think again!
I'm sure she would be cooler without her coat, but she is quite happy with it - our regular walks have plenty of water to cool down, and we've just invested in a sandpit which is now filled with water in our back garden!!  :D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline MolliesMom

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 10:05:07 AM »

she looks great and the photos have really put my mind at rest. Had mollie done a few weeks ago and she came back an entriely different dog. I had told the groomers to do whatever a cocker has done and they did and all I could keep saying was OMG OMG - she looked sooooooo different. But they had done it just like Ruby's so I am very happy now.
'If a dog thinks you are the best, dont seek a second opinion'.

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 10:57:22 AM »
She looks brilliant!  I'm taking the clippers to Maddi this weekend - my result wont be anywhere near as professional  ph34r

Just what i was thinking! You've done a fantastic job!  I think its hard to clip and not make them look like a shawn sheep - but you've definately got the balance between looking like a cocker and practical clip spot on!

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 05:49:59 PM »
Thanks for the lovely replies,i am "slooowly" getting used to it  :shades:

Just what i was thinking Youv'e done a fantastic job ! I think its hard to clip and not make them look like a shawn sheep - but you've definately got the balance between looking like a cocker and practical clip spot on!

Um,i didn't do it  :embarassed: a groomer did ,wish i had though i would have saved 30 Quid  :lol2:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 06:23:49 PM »
She looks lovely! Still like a cocker and at least the groomer left some of her feathering. We had one of our done once when we hadn't owned cockers long and he came back looking like they had put the lawnmower over him.  :shades:
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).