Cocker Specific Discussion > Behaviour & Training

Submissive Urination

<< < (2/3) > >>

Michele:
Hi Joanne,
Have to agree with Jane, Jenna definately looks like a working cocker and a lovely looking girly she is too! :D                    

joanne:
Thanks Jane,

Without ever seeing another Working Cocker we (my husband and I) always had a little bit of doubt especially as they seem so rare up here in Knaresborough.  Only one couple has said 'oh that's a nice cocker spaniel' and everyone else says' is it some sort of spaniel then' ???

I even contacted the breeder again to double check the father of Jenna was a working cocker (which she reassured me he was).

thanks again
joanne                    

Mike:
Jenna looks a lot like my SPRINGER spaniel. Although they are different colours - my springer is liver and white - the liver colour is very similar to Jenna's. The facial features and ears (length of, and straightness of har) especially are very similar. I mean, I'm not saying Jenna is a springer but these breeds are very closely related. I might post a picture of my springer in your Photo thread - hope I dont get told off by any Cocker purists  ;D                    

Mike:
sorry, i dont have a suitable photo to hand, and am away for a week starting from midday - when i get back i'll try and remember to dig out the best example from home. My cocker's completely different - she's just a ball of curly hair, as you'll have seen from the pciture I posted last week. It looks like she's had a perm  :o

we had exactly same problems with the springer urinating when someone came to the house, and got over that problem by exactly what you did - ignoring her when we got home or when anyone entered the house. It was either that worked, or she grew out of it (prob a combination of both)                    

joanne:
Thanks to everyone who replied about Jenna.

I had to laugh when Stueymac was telling us about Libby weeing on the settee (not that that is funny), because Jenna has done the same thing, getting so excited she chases around the room bounding over the chairs.  It is nice to hear that other peoples dogs behave in a similar way. ;D

Joanne                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version