Author Topic: Your Cockers Pain Threshold?  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
Re: Your Cockers Pain Threshold?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 01:33:57 AM »
Niki and Keli had heads made of steel I think. But if I tried to bath them...oh my dog they were being murdered, I think.
Keli obviously put up with a lot of pain in his old age, more than I would probably cope with. As for Tali, well not sure yet though I guess they dry eye must have really hurt before his medication and he never whimpered about it.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 07:51:32 AM »
I was astounded when Harvey had his second jabs and microchip. I wasn't expecting much reaction for the vaccination, and was right, he didn't feel it. The microchip I was expecting a scream, the needle was enough to make me cringe. Little hard man didn't squeak, so much so I didn't think she had done it. What a tough little guy, completely oblivious  :005:

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 08:44:53 AM »
When Smartie cut her paw, she was just very licky with it, and didn't want to slow down. After her trip to the vets, I think she would rather die of pain than have to go there again!! As soon as we hit a certain roundabout she starts shaking! She'll scream if another dog comes bounding up to her too, but I think thats just fear as she's been attacked once too often ::)

Chops can't see so well now, and seems to be whacking his head on a daily basis (not on tables, chairs and things that shouldn't be there tho, oh no, doors and walls that haven't moved! ::) :005:) He does say ow, but shakes his head and gets on with it! :lol2:

Chewitt on the other hand, well he was hard as nails. Once he threw himself off quite a high bank in the woods, bit straight into his tounge, had blood pouring from his mouth, but just carried on. And at the end, bless him, he must have been in agony, but didn't tell anyone, so by the time we realised he was poorly, it was too late :'( :'(