Author Topic: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!  (Read 961 times)

Offline hanandhen

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
« on: August 07, 2010, 01:15:42 PM »
I think we might have found a shoot to work at :o

Apparantly it is a little local syndicate, sounds like they are as much about the craic as shooting things (suits me fine!). My friends OH picks up there, and she reckons they will be happy for me and Henry to dip a toe/paw in the water ph34r

Of course Henry has now developed a running in habit >:D And he has decided that he know best about directional retrieves as well >:D

Oh well, at least we'll make the others look good :005:

Soothing words would be much appreciated! I'm nervous already!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
Sounds great! I'm sure you'll be fine and both of you will love it :D  A small, more 'casual' shoot is definitely the best way to start off, much less intimidating than a big driven shoot. I got our shoot dates for this season last week, I can't wait!! It's the only thing that ever makes me look forward to the winter :lol2:  You've still got some time yet to polish him up before he starts but honestly, there's nothing like seeing that moment when it all clicks with them and they realise what it's all about, it really is like nothing else for them :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline hanandhen

Re: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 05:22:29 PM »
Thanks you - I'm both really excited and totally terrified! ::)

On the plus side he is completely focused on retrieving, and has started picking up feather dummies :banana:. On the minus side, he is really getting to be a git about running in, and when searching he does still sometimes wander about looking busy until he falls over the dummy rather than actually looking for it :doh:

At some point I guess I'll have to get hold of some cold game and introduce that as a concept, might put that one off a bit longer yet though ;)