Author Topic: New season nearly here!  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
New season nearly here!
« on: August 27, 2010, 01:12:54 PM »
I've got our shoot dates for the coming season now and I'm really looking forward to it getting underway :D  It'll just be me and Ro this year but I'm sure he'll be well up to it, this will be his 2nd full season. He's had a bit of dogging in and a bit of work on rabbits in the last month or so and he really knows what he's doing now, we'll be doing more of that in the coming weeks. We have a few partridge days in September but the shoot on the estate here starts properly on the 9th of October and the other local estate is the following week, I'm hoping to get him out at least 2 days a week. Anyone else getting ready to get back into it again??
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
Re: New season nearly here!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »
Good luck Nicola and Rodaidh :D im sure you'll do great! xx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline JulieNicholds

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 02:20:49 PM »
We are .......  can't wait to turn the calendar over next week because then its every Friday & Saturday and a few mid week days until FEBRUARY!  Am sure come  mid December I might be feeling slightly different but can't wait, especially as after Christmas hope to get Florin the clumber out to do the last drive of the day on a couple of days!    ph34r

Have already got all my leggings, coats, boots, hats, sticks, and other kit cleaned and piled up in the back of the car and  I might have offended my mother when she asked if she could come to stay the week after Xmas when I said there was little point as the only day we weren't shooting or beating was the 31st December .................. :D 

Hounds looking nicely plump and rested and Breeze at 7 (who is the main girl this year) conveniently came in season early so problems on that score.

Thank goodness for the web to get Sainsbugs to deliver on a Friday evening and to order the Xmas presents!!

Offline JohnW

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 03:05:33 PM »
Raven will be worked on 3 shoots in Northumberland this season all being well..... :D

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 10:36:58 AM »
Yes all booked up here too - dogging in first and then hubby works the boys on 3 shoots and guests on another if there is space...he works shifts and saves all his holiday up too especially for this time of year ::) ::) ::)....he's trying to get me to go along this year and work the Ginger boy...... :shades: :shades:

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:04:29 PM »
I wish I was, I have retired from beating now, but I still miss it, best workout ever!
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 12:27:53 PM »

Wish I was a country lass so I could do this.  Not a lot of call for this in my neck of the woods!!   ::)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 01:46:42 PM »
Yep me and my two are off out, our first one should be next Saturday (4th Sept), but unfortunately we are prebooked

Have a good season all who are off out