Author Topic: Video clips  (Read 1565 times)

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
Video clips
« on: September 12, 2010, 08:56:26 AM »
I've taken a few short video clips of Bonnie Boo but when I put my SD card in the computer it only downloads the still photos .Do I need to do something different to download the videos? I know someone will know :lol:
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Re: Video clips
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »
Did you take the video in the right format?
When I first filmed a video and loaded it onto my computer it didn't appear  :huh:
I looked again at my camera manual and found that in order for it to appear on my computer I had to make sure that the camera video setting was for JPEG.
Since I changed the setting, it has always downloaded to my computer.  :D
With my camera, I have the choice whether to film in AVCHD (which is the best setting for playing on a TV) or JPEG (which is best for e-mail and playing on a computer).  ;)
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Selwoc

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »
The videos could be on your PC, you may have to look in your video folder. For example, if you are using Windows 7, by default, videos are downloaded to My Videos.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 05:20:34 PM »
Could depend on whether you have a default setting to either Windows Media Player or Quicktime.  I uploaded a new bit of software which changed my default and which meant I couldn't view any of my videos.  Not quite sure what I did but I can now open both types - had a search on the web for something - think it was Windows Movie Maker.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 12:37:53 AM »
What make and model is the camera?  Panasonic and others now offer an alternative video format called AVCHD which at least on Panasonic cameras is the default video mode if the camera supports it.  It sounds like this may be the case with your camera, if you can confirm the model I can give you more detailed instructions.

John