Author Topic: Long eyelashes  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
Re: Long eyelashes
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »
Our two's get chopped off by the groomer! xx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 12:06:54 PM »
Tali's eyelashes are about 2" long. Keli had similar ones when he was a pup. I trimmed them but his breeder did not recommend it as she said they do tend to thin on their own. To be fair Keli's hair grew so quickly though, he needed a complete clip at around 6 months. Apart from some stripping, I've not clipped or trimmed Tali.

If Tali's eyelashes are like his mums, grans and great grans, then they won't thin out, I still have to snip Jasmine's off and she's 8 next birthday, and Jasmine's mum (so Tali's great gran)  has lashes a woman would die for  :005:

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 06:12:01 PM »
I love long eyelashes  :luv: It's been my experience that the long ones are not the ones that cause problems, it's the very short ones that turn in toward the eye that are irritating
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 09:59:05 PM »
Baja has really long eye lashes, I love them :luv: They have been trimmed but they grow back pretty quickly and are always a conversation starter with new people we meet, those and his huge feet  ;)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 06:10:43 AM »
I love long eyelashes  :luv: It's been my experience that the long ones are not the ones that cause problems, it's the very short ones that turn in toward the eye that are irritating

I agree. Millie has very long eyelashes and they don't irritate her. I find the ones that cause trouble (especially for Charlie) are the ones on the nose just in front of the eye, on the whorl bit where the hair points back up to the eye. if I let these get too long they poke into the eye and make them sore.

Millie

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 10:16:55 AM »
It's funny Keli used to get that whirl bit around his nose too and it had to be removed as did a lot of the hair around his face. But I never experienced this with Niki, infact we never cut his eye lashes or anywhere around his face at all. He really didn't need trimming very often.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Princess_noo

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 07:35:31 PM »
My golden girl Nalar has longish eyelashes. When she was little they used to nearly come to the end of her nose! She still has them now, I just trim them down a little now and then.