Cocker Specific Discussion > Behaviour & Training

Cocker problems...

<< < (2/4) > >>

FionaM:
Just another thought Barry

You can practice "give" with George's toys. When he's nice and relaxed and playing with something tell him to give it to you, then spend a few seconds inspecting it and then give it back to him. This will help him realise that you aren't a threat and won't always confiscate things forever  :)

Fiona                    

Barry Sharpe:
Thanks Jane for the welcome, we have started immediatly on the give a treat for the sponge, stick, wallpaper, combs, brushes, pencils, pens, magazines, and just about anything else that fits in his mounth ::)

His tummy is already getting fat, we are treating him with those James Wellbeloved craker thingys, but i am already seeing him look around for things to swap for his favorite treat :-

However the tension has dropped dramatically i now don't even get a chance to say leave or give before he is sitting in front of my madly shaking whatever is in his mouth out for the reward  ???                    

angelad:
Glad to hear that things have calmed down a bit Barry. I would have sugested the same thing if I hadn't been away. A friend of mine has a dog that brings a toy to you whenever we go round.  :D I have not quite got Cooper to that stage yet :) but he will gladly give things up for a treat.                    

Mike:

--- Quote ---A friend of mine has a dog that brings a toy to you whenever we go round.
--- End quote ---

Is your friend's dog a Springer by any chance? That's a well-known Springer trait, and mine does it without fail - always accompanied by a bum wiggle :D                    

FionaM:

--- Quote ---A friend of mine has a dog that brings a toy to you whenever we go round.  

Is your friend's dog a Springer by any chance? That's a well-known Springer trait, and mine does it without fail - always accompanied by a bum wiggle  
--- End quote ---

My Poppy does that too :) Whenever we have been out or someone comes round she grabs a toy and brings it. She always has the bum-wiggle and makes a funny excited snorting sound :)                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version