Author Topic: Here we go  (Read 2015 times)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Here we go
« on: August 13, 2011, 08:30:28 AM »
Well the day is upon me
Quick update
2nd training session never happened due to it raining on Thursday so took our niece last night riding (obviously she is more important than me making a fool of myself)
Have tried bribing Lulu this morning by giving her bigger toast crusts than Andrea. Then sat down with her asking (more like pleading with her) to be good for me (can't believe I am pleading with a dog).
Have had a quick recap on instructions off Andrea (neighbours must think we are mad or in some secret sex sect with me blowing whistle then saying back,lost,find it etc)
For all you sadistic women, I would like to add. That Andrea has not stopped smirking and saying you will be ok. Does not fill me with confidence
Will report later

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
Re: Here we go
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 09:12:06 AM »
 :rofl1: Sorry - but yep, I bet that must sound very odd to the neighbours and I can just picture you pleading with Lulu  :005:
Just go and enjoy it - she might surprise you yet  ;) Good luck!!!!
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 09:23:52 AM »
Just relax, Lulu will have you trained in no time  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »
Just enjoy the day - dogs have a canny way of pulling all together just when you think that they won't.  If you relax then she will.

My Roly doesn't do practice (for flyball) and just does his own thing, but come competition days he doesn't put a foot wrong (anymore  ;))
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »
Right here we go
Got there about 10.30. Looked around to make sure nobody knew me and headed for the scurry
Explained to the guy that I was a scurry virgin but the dog was not.
There was 4 bushes and a concealed pen (which was also covered in  branches. One of the dummies was dropped in the pen without the dog seeing it. Then the two others were shown to the dog one was covered in rabbits skin the other plain. The idea was to collect the one in the pen and the plain one but not the rabbit skinned one.
Anyway sent her out off she went like a rocket straight to the plain one, now with me thinking yes here she goes halfway back she only stops for a call of nature. Does what she has to and then comes back to me. Then pointed her to the pen and she was flummoxed so I ended up walking over to show her. That was the end of the first attempt apart from me going back out with my poo bags to collect what she had deposited earlier.
2 nd go she went off and brought me back the lovely skin 1st then I sent her for the other one which she returned. Then the pen which she did no problem but I was disqualified.
Anyway went for a look around for 30 mins then went back. Well b@@@@@ me she only went out and did the one two in 31 seconds. Run her once more and she was a completely different dog picked up the first saw the skin one spat the plain one out and brought the wrong one back. So gave up after that and came home to meet Andrea who was going to enter her in the club one (wonder if she will tell you how she got on  :005: :005:).
Had a phone call off the guy earlier to say that we won :clapdance: :banana: :cool4: :cool4: so I have day shooting and a slate plaque to collect. The next dog was a springer  :P with a time of 50 secs
Andrea reckons it's all down to her training I reckon it was the handling :lol: :lol:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 10:22:18 PM »
Way to go Steve & Lulu  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sounds like you both not only had great fun but a very successful time too - well done for the fantastic 'team work'! (that bits for Andrea   ;) :005: ) & enjoy your prize  :luv:

Photos of the lovely Lulu with her winning plaque would be very nice  :shades: :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
See... I told you to go and enjoy yourself and she might surprise you and look what happens!!!  :005: :005:
Way to go Lulu...and you Steve of course  ;)
Enjoy your prize and yep pictures of the victorious girly with her prize would be fab  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline AndreaB

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 10:43:09 PM »
Smug b****** What can say but well done through gritted teeth. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »
Smug b****** What can say but well done through gritted teeth. :huh: :huh: :huh:
:005: :005: :005:
Lisa & Maggie x

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 08:24:26 AM »
Jealousy is a terrible thing  ;) ;) :badmood:
But I forgive her :luv: :luv:

Offline kcj

• Site Member
  • The Gang
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 09:46:07 PM »
fab post, loved it.  :005: :005: enjoy your day shooting

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:28 PM »
Thanks for all the well dones and Andrea is even speaking to me now, even though I put the picture of Lulu with her trophy on her Facebook page :011: :happydance: