Author Topic: Ragley hall 27th inc PT2 Cricklade  (Read 1517 times)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Ragley hall 27th inc PT2 Cricklade
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »
1st part of the weekend.5 scurries run by the BASC. Paid our money for all 5 with Lulu and two with Tia
Starting with Lulu
1st up over the hay bales out she went straight for the first dummy and straight back. Andrea sends her for the 2nd again straight to it comes all the way back to the last bale wall and stops for a call of nature. Not only did Andrea have to climb over the barrier bag in hand but she had managed to go on the dummy. Red faced we moved on to the one hidden and one in the water. To be fair she did this without any mishaps straight and back on both retrieves. Next two in the pen two pens two dummies. Out she went could see the dummy in the pen. Did she jump in? Nope decided to try and dig her way in. With dirt flying in all directions Andrea is blowing her whistle like a mad thing. Anyway Lulu decides she has had enough of digging and decides to go for a swim instead, so disappears into the lake. Anyway Andrea gets her back and she decides she will now do it right and jumps in both pens and brings the dummies back good as gold besides being soggy. She then completed the two launcher retrieves with no mishaps. Did ok on the time but was beaten by Labs and retrievers. Anyway we decided to see how Tia would go on the two launchers as they were only light dummies and her only just turned 7months. Picture the scurry it was a wall of that crowd control netting and in the middle a section of low camouflaged netting which the dog has to jump then a row of bushes and the dummy lands behhind them. Launcher goes off dummy in the distance Tia takes off. Straight through the crowd control netting sending the clips flying. Didn't hesitate or miss a stride straight to the dummy and back. We left that scurry with the people rebuilding the scurry.
Lastly we let her run in the main launcher scurry. She was like a pocket rocket. Came back dummy in mouth to be told she was 3rd overall (2 labs in first and second). It was now 3.30 so we went back around the show to spend some more of my money on essentials (New dog beds, new lead and a pr of pheasant wings for tieing to a dummy). When we got back to the scurry to see what the outcome was she was still in 3rd place with one dog left to run (another lab). Anyway it went out and beat her by a100th of a second. So no rosette for Tia. We still came away pleased that she had done so well against a lot of other dogs and was only beaten by 3 labs and was the fastest spaniel on that event. Not bad for 7months. We are hoping that she will not pick up any bad tips from Lulu and stays focussed instead of drifting off with the fairies.

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: Ragley hall 27th
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
.......do you think Lulu might of worked behaved for you Steve, judging by past performances?   :rofl1:

Sorry, can't help but laugh at Lulu's antics but sounds absolutely wonderful that she does it her way  :luv: ....much more fun to dig your way in  :lol2: I know she didn't complete the scurry task as she's supposed to but do you still get great pleasure from seeing her have so much fun?  :shades:
As for little Tia - what a little star she is  :luv: :luv: I'm sure she'll do you both proud in the very near future but can't help loving them all the more when their character traits shine through  :angel:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline kcj

• Site Member
  • The Gang
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »
I have to agree this is why we love them, just for being cockers.  :005:  they are a law unto themselves.

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Re: Ragley hall 27th inc PT2 Cricklade
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:12:28 PM »
PT 2 Cricklade
Quite boring really no mishaps no prizes. She actually did what was asked of her maybe took a litte detour on the hidden but not to the extent we are usually used to. Just better dogs on the day. Friends Sprrrrrrrrr Spaniel (have problems saying the first word and Spaniel in the same sentance) Was 1st in over the bales, 1st in the two seen, and 3rd in the one seen one hidden :P
Anyway off on our hols for the next 10 days (to recharge our batteries for the next scurry on the 11th). Are we going anywhere exotic you might ask? No sunny St Davids in West wales so the dogs can come to (was told that no way could mummies little soldiers can go in kennels so flying anywhere is out of the question).

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:13:20 PM »
.......do you think Lulu might of worked behaved for you Steve, judging by past performances?   :rofl1:

You trying to get me divorced :shades:

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 07:13:50 PM »
I have to agree this is why we love them, just for being cockers.  :005:  they are a law unto themselves.
Cant argue with any of that statement

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »
 :lol2: :lol2: Have loved reading your woofs antics...certainly made me smile and chuckle out loud at times!!!

They sound such fun and I bet never a dull moment about!!

;) Cant wait for the next installment....
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:28:23 AM »
Thanks for you comments
Andrea left the caravan this morning at 7am taking them on the coastal path.
Waiting for her to return to tell me they are soaking wet form being in the sea or have tried to jump off a cliff to get in the sea!!!!