Author Topic: grabbing a toy when someone comes home  (Read 3307 times)

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
Re: grabbing a toy when someone comes home
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
Maddie does it more than Woofie but I love to be greeted with a big waggly bum and a stinky toy  :005:

If there is only one toy lying around Woofie will get it and Maddie pinches it off him!

Also when they go out for their first wee in the morning they have to take something with them, unfortunately both OH and me have the habit of leaving our socks on the floor and if we don't notice Woofie will grab one on his way out of the door, bless him!

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline garygttdi

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 09:42:03 AM »
My two did this and I did some research as to why. It would appear that most dogs will do something similar given a chance it’s an instinct from when they were wolves. When the pack would go out hunting the bond between the hunters and the dogs remaining back at the den was reaffirmed with gifts and brining something to the other members of the group, it sort of re-affirms the bond and established the pecking order. So or cockers are just doing what comes naturally.

Offline Evadee

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
Tia does this, it's just like she has a present for you  :luv:

Jake doesn't do it at all.

Tia will also do this sometimes in crafty way, if both dogs are greeting you she will sometimes present Jake with the toy to distract him and then she has us all to herself and laps up the fuss  :005:  Jake goes for this it hook line and sinker  :005:   She does this a lot.   She's a manipulative clever little madam  :luv: