Author Topic: im getting my new pupy 15th of june  (Read 584 times)

Offline flint250612

im getting my new pupy 15th of june
« on: May 09, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
i get my new puppy in june i cant wait it my first cocker pup he is lemon and white only 3 weeks old at the mo and really cute, has anyone got any advice on training techniques?? oh and how do you upload pics on here so confusing??  :dance04:
<3naomi<3

Offline LilahLoo

Re: im getting my new pupy 15th of june
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
How exciting - congratulations.

There is a thread about using photo bucket to upload pics - it sounds complicated but it's actually easier than it sounds.

I look forward to seeing the photo's.

BTW I'm Natalie and I have a blue roan and tan bitch called Delilah. I have no puppy advice as I got her when she was 6, after she'd finished breeding. I'm sure you'll get all the advice you need on here though   :blink:

Offline Dan

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 05:40:42 PM »
Congrats! Have a proper read of the forum tere is loads of helpful tips and training tequniques

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
hi! yes photos are a definite must- there's a link somwhere telling you how to do it. but just register on photobucket- upload your photos on there and then paste the img code into the text boxes on here and it'll appear :)

he sounds scrumptious- all cocker puppies are of course!!  :luv: good luck with him. my advice is from the start, be firm with him at night times (i.e. don't go down every time he barks). I think getting up once or twice in the night is to be expected- but only to let him out for toilets- no play time at night i would suggest- otherwise he'll learn that everytime you come down at night- it's play time wahayy! i found the crate useful in the early stages when she wasn't house trained, but we found that the crate exacerbated her stress levels when we left her as she got clingy about 6 months so we've abandoned that now and she settles down fine (we've also been lucky as she has never chewed furniture!)

it's VERY hard to resist a crying pup- we failed sometimes, although Indie has now settled beautifully (at last- she's coming up for 9 months now- and we've had lots of sleeping on the sofa downstairs nights!!)

good luck! (obvously all that is only applicable if he's sleeping elsewhere from you) Definitely want to see lots of pictures, i bet he is gorgeous!

PS. im Kate and i have a little black girl called Indie and she's a complete nutter, but i wouldn't have her any other way now! Also had a blue roan called Poppy before who was my best friend- they are certainly a brilliant breed- well done on your choice!!

Offline Gemzyb1

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »
Hi and welcome!
I have a little boy aged just over 9weeks called Ben. He is lovely and really testing me! he is the first puppy I have ever had so I'm on a steep learning curve!
I would say that a crate is a life saver! He sleeps in there at night and goes in there in the daytime when I need to go out or do some cleaning! It is his little 'nest' and he is learning that I can't play with him all the time!
as far as training goes, I'm still learning. treats help! This forum is literally a life saver as well, ask anything and you will get the answer!
good luck and enjoy your little addition! Also, I can't work out how to post a pic!
Gemma
Xx