Author Topic: Sleepy pup  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Weewascal

Sleepy pup
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »
Hi our wee pup Bailey is now 17 weeks old and we've noticed recently that he has taken to sleeping a lot! His favourite thing at the minute is curling up on the couch every night and snoozing big time before we send him to his bed for night night.. I read somewhere this is normal as cockers get older but wondering if anyone can shed some light... 

Thank you !

MJ, PJ and Bails : )

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
Re: Sleepy pup
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:58 PM »
Quite normal. My two snooze all evening then go to bed and sleep all night! Penny has done that right from a pup.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline maddy74

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:54:11 PM »
When Willow was a pup she was mad until tea time and then zonked.... I used to worry as she would leave her bed, take two steps, and flop down and sleep some more on the floor....she was fine. It looked worrying though  :-\

She still sleeps most of the evening now and trying to get her to go out for the last wee of the night, she has selective deafness  :005:

Offline Lynne1

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »
I have a pup the same age called Finn. He usually has a nap in the morning, longer sleep during the day and snuggles up from about 8pm until about 11 when we go to bed. Just like babies I suppose. Did he not sleep a lot when he was younger?  :luv:

Offline Weewascal

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »
Hi yeah he slept well as a youngin but he sleeps more now.. I love the deafear comment, we feel like we have to carry him outside for his last pee as all he does is lye down and stretch..lol...he is very lively during the day and sleeps an average of 7 hours during the night... He's a great wee boy but we do worry he over does things sometimes...

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:58:21 AM »
I have a 9 month old...she sleeps 9-1, 3-5, 8-9 and then bedtime is 10-7.30  :005: sleepy cockers!
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:06:23 AM »
When Willow was a pup she was made until tea time and then zonked.... I used to worry as she would leave her bed, take two steps, and flop down and sleep some more on the floor....she was fine. It looked worrying though  :-\

She still sleeps most of the evening now and trying to get her to go out for the last wee of the night, she has selective deafness  :005:

That is so much like Riley, he can be in his bed, wake up put two front legs out, drag the back two out and flop at the very edge of his bed.
So funny to watch.

Riley sleeps a lot too,  he has started to get really sleepy about 8pm, I used to try keep him alert thinking he wouldnt sleep at night lol
Now he sleeps when he pleases, then overnight he sleeps when "I" please lol ;)

Offline karen488

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:03:23 AM »

She still sleeps most of the evening now and trying to get her to go out for the last wee of the night, she has selective deafness  :005:

That last pee is a real struggle here too. Don't think ours believe in nightime phessies anymore  :'( (that's what we tell them when we open the door  :005: )

Offline jennakate1983

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »

That last pee is a real struggle here too. Don't think ours believe in nightime phessies anymore  :'( (that's what we tell them when we open the door  :005: )

Blimey i know the feeling , getting Marley out for his last wee is a mission, he just stares at me so in the end i have to physically pick him up and plop him outside the back door although the last wee he can never quite be bothered to walk to the grass for so just pees on the concrete outside the door !! lol

Offline Gemzyb1

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
hehe! Ben is 9weeks and he is the same! He charges round like a pup possessed during the day then can hardly keep his eyes open in the evening...he is zonked on the bean bag opposite me now! Then he goes to bed from 9.30pm until about 7am! I love waking him up in the night for a wee...he is soooo sleepy he drags himself out of bed with his front legs! I adore sleepy Ben!!xx

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
hehe! Ben is 9weeks and he is the same! He charges round like a pup possessed during the day then can hardly keep his eyes open in the evening...he is zonked on the bean bag opposite me now! Then he goes to bed from 9.30pm until about 7am! I love waking him up in the night for a wee...he is soooo sleepy he drags himself out of bed with his front legs! I adore sleepy Ben!!xx

I know exactly how you feel, I still come down between 2-3am to take Riley out, he is so cosy and cuddly in the night time when he has been sleeping, I actually look forward to coming down and taking him out, he goes right back into his crate straight away :)

Offline Nicola81

• Dexter
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »
Dexter use to sleep a lot when he was smaller, then he sort of seemed bigger the next day!  Like he grew while sleeping!   :005:

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole"

Offline rubytuesday007

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 02:57:36 PM »
Ruby is 10months old and still sleeps alot lazy pup! she sleeps from about 7:30 i wake her to go for a wee and she literally nips out comes back and resumes the sleep position