Author Topic: Can't log on to user profile - Help please!!!  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
Can't log on to user profile - Help please!!!
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »
 >:D Last Saturday my laptop was working fine but in the afternoon I couldn't log on to my profile.  >:D When I put my password in it says 'user profile service service failed the logon user profile cannot be found' !!!

I thought I could do a system restore but as mine is the administrator logon I couldn't do it. Then I managed to start up in safe mode and tried a restore. It didn't sort the problem I have also gone into safe mode and have run my AVG but that didn't sort it either.

Luckily I can use the boys profile and get onto the internet but I really want to be able to get to mine as I have all my pics and docs stored on mine.

I don't know enough about computers to be able to sort this so I'm hoping that someone can tell me a quick and easy way to get this up and running again.

I'm grateful for any suggestions.

Many thanks
Lou
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Re: Can't log on to user profile - Help please!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 10:47:32 PM »
Can you use the boys' account to remove your password ? Are they set up with admin or just user privileges?
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 08:37:03 AM »
No, unfortunately they only have user. Each time I tried that it wants me to put my password first. :-(
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:39:55 PM »
Sounds like a trip to 'Computer Doctor' is required  :huh:
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Juno

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »
What operating system is it?  Windows XP/Vista/7?

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
It's Windows 7..  :D