Author Topic: Zac has peed in the car!  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Pip C

• Zac
Re: Zac has peed in the car!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 08:36:40 AM »
Well we have now had guarding behaviour with growling over a chew last night and zac went to poo in the garage this morning having just been out. Surely this all has to be teenage hormones? :'(

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 08:43:56 AM »
Well we have now had guarding behaviour with growling over a chew last night and zac went to poo in the garage this morning having just been out. Surely this all has to be teenage hormones? :'(

Hmm Im not sure perhaps someone else will have more advice.
I never noticed anything with Riley reaching that stage, except he got a little bit braver out on walks, going further away from me to investigate smells etc.
Then he started sniffing more and cocking leg at various objects along the way on walks, he never changed in any other way to be honest.
I dont think the poo in the garage really is down to rebellion and "teenage" behaviour, I could be totally wrong just because I havent experienced it doesnt mean it doesnt happen though.

Offline dawn

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 09:07:09 AM »
Henry definitely started being a teenager at 6months. Can't remember exactly what he would do, recall went out the window, constantly pushing boundaries everyday, a few growls, a bit bitey to get his own way.

I always swap what he had for a higher value treat, never take anything off him, like a chew. It does work. Sometimes I would scatter a few kibble near him, and he would drop the item to sniff out the kibble.

You've got to remember their brains and homones are still developing and they can't really help it. Henry slowly improved over the coming months.   ;)

Offline *Marie*

• BRACKEN
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 11:42:14 AM »
Bracken is 7.5 months old now & I haven't noticed any difference in him or his behaviour, one thing he has just started to do which I think is cute is when I come home from work or on waking Bracken will jump on the couch to get to my height and jump on me with his paws around my neck and his head snuggled in my neck"mummy I love you"  then he tries to kiss me lol! :005:

Offline Pip C

• Zac
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »
Bracken is 7.5 months old now & I haven't noticed any difference in him or his behaviour, one thing he has just started to do which I think is cute is when I come home from work or on waking Bracken will jump on the couch to get to my height and jump on me with his paws around my neck and his head snuggled in my neck"mummy I love you"  then he tries to kiss me lol! :005:

Zac loves to put his paws around my neck and cuddle me.  Of course I get a full face and ear wash at the same time. :005:
I really hope that he is just having an off week and doesn't start to turn into a nightmare as he is such a fab puppy and we love him to bits. He has been good as gold so far and really responded well to training etc. We have such a happy home at the moment I don't want it to change. :'(

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »
I agree with others on here who have advised against leaving a dog unattended in a car, not least of all for the possibility of being stolen (cockers are VERY high on the list of stolen dogs) but also because of the huge risk of them becoming overheated and dying as a result, in as little as 20 minutes.

It really doesn't need to be a hot sunny day and even in the shade, the temperature in the car can rise rapidly.  It is a metal container which conducts heat well.  

I've sat in a car, in the shade, and had to get out because it was so hot and stuffy and that wasn't in particularly hot weather.  A dog inside a closed vehicle would stand no chance.  

Please be careful.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv: