Author Topic: Losing his puppy looks  (Read 548 times)

Offline *Marie*

• BRACKEN
Losing his puppy looks
« on: May 05, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »
I don't come on very much, so so busy, Bracken is coming up to 8 months old on 10th may and I have realised his puppy looks have gone and out comes a lovely handsome young fella, can't believe he has grown so quick, from a puppy from hell at 10 weeks with his nipping to the most lovable dog you could have! He's just started Gun dog training and pleased with how he is enjoying it!

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: Losing his puppy looks
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:04:33 PM »
Looked at some early photos of our Chaz and realised he'd gone from cuddly ball of fluff through rather ungainly lanky lout with attitude to his present rather handsome young man  :luv:.
He's a working cocker and just coming up to 9 months old. His black coat has always been smooth and shiny but has now taken on a deep gloss that highlights his white markings.
While he still has the odd tearaway moment they're nowhere near as wild and destructive as they used to be but he now knows he's going a bit over the score at times and makes every effort to make up for it  ;).
We're having some real quality time together now and he hardly leaves my side except to dash about what's left of the garden with our show strain 3 year old girl, Milly.
He's now 2" taller than Milly but, during his first few weeks with us, he took great delight in dodging around underneath her  :005:. They've become great pals and enjoy a run about or rough and tumble together but Milly still keeps an eye on him and is more than able to put him in his place when needed.
I adored him as a puppy, began to have some serious doubts during his teenage phase, but now am really proud of him, love him to bits and couldn't wish for better  :luv:.

Bob.

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
Re: Losing his puppy looks
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 10:56:25 PM »
I cannot wait to say the same things about our little terror. They both sound fabulous  :luv: