Author Topic: Teefs!  (Read 645 times)

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
    • Facebook page: A Spaniel's Tail
Teefs!
« on: May 16, 2013, 10:27:20 AM »
Lottie is 17 weeks old tomorrow and last night, she was suddenly spending aaaaaages chomping on her stag bar (lying on my chest, she likes to share).  Had a quick look in her mouth and saw that her two bottom front teeth were missing! 

So the teething starts.... they grow up so quick, I felt a tiny bit sad! 

I put a dampened, knotted teatowel in the freezer last week in preparation - will try her out on it this evening  ;)

Offline abkb

• Donator
Re: Teefs!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:01:44 AM »
Be careful about stag bars at such an early age; I was at the vets last night for Finley's vet check and they said not to give them stag bars until they have their adult teeth, as they've had several cases of broken teeth etc in puppies because of stag bars. As if by chance there was a puppy there at the same time with a stag bar issue! Obviously go with what your own vet says, but I won't be risking it.
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline *Marie*

• BRACKEN
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:58:54 PM »
I gave Bracken a stag bar when he had his baby teeth to help with his teething, but took it away once his adult teeth stated to appear! :blink:

Offline HayleyJB

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 10:40:05 PM »
I used to put carrots in the freezer for Molly, she loved them & still does (no longer frozen though)!
RIP Misty 09.04.90 - 26.03.05 & her daughter Jezzie 15.07.94 - 08.07.11 x

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 01:09:25 AM »
Same here. Bonnie's 2 front (bottom row) teeth have gone. She was 16 weeks on Tuesday. She's having frozen carrots at night-she brings them to me to hold for her-lazy madam :005: