Author Topic: Our little Henry :(  (Read 5599 times)

Offline lmiller212

Our little Henry :(
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »
I wasn't sure where to put this so I apologise if its not the right place.  I don't update on here much but have used the forum since getting Henry in December and you have all been so wonderful. I was going to do an update in the puppy section for Henrys first birthday on October 21st.

My we baby won't ever see his first birthday. He was hit by a van on his walk last night who didn't even stop, he didn't even stand a chance. He was taking his last breath as my husband got to him.
His recall was good but he was having a ball haring about and just didn't stop before he got to the road.

We are both totally devastated, I don't even know what to do with myself, we blame ourselves, he should have been on the lead near the road.

Please tell me it gets easier, I'm totally heart broken. :( xx

Rest in peace little Henry, enjoy chasing the birdies in doggy heaven.
Always will you be a puppy, run free little Henry 21/10/12~ 03/10/13 Taken from us too soon but never will you be loved any less.

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Re: Our little Henry :(
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
So very sorry for your loss - so sad  :'( Can't believe the driver didn't stop  :o Run free Henry  :luv:
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: Our little :(
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »
Oh I am so so sorry to read about your poor baby. I am crying with you. :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: I cannot imagine how you feel but please please don't blame yourself. Not easy I know but nothing can come of letting the "what ifs" of life go round and round in your head. I know there is a member on here who suffered a similar tragedy and I am sure she will soon be here to offer support of you and your hubby.
Take care of yourselves. I am sure it will get easier and in time you will be able to remember your gorgeous Henry with happiness at the joy he brought to you.
I'm thinking of you both. Run free little Henry, forever a playful pup.  :luv: :luv:

Offline HoneyG

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 11:24:40 AM »
Just to offer my thoughts to you.

Our friends suffered a similar tragedy with their cocker Smudge and it was heart breaking.

Don't blame yourselves, it is all too easy for these things to happen :(

Thinking of you at this awful time xxx
Beki (and Honey!)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 11:24:57 AM »
So sorry for your loss, RIP little Henry  x

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »
Oh no , so so sorry to read this :'(
You will be in shock,
what words of comfort to offer,
i do not know.
Gone far too soon.
Run free at the bridge little Henry :luv:

Offline HelenS

• Donator
  • Cupar
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 11:37:15 AM »
Words cannot express how sad I feel for you, I am so so sorry  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »
So sorry to read this - how totally heartbreaking  :'( :'(

As for the driver  >:D

Don't beat yourself up - these things happen in a split second and it probably could happen to any of us  :-\  Sending you some of these  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: Take care of yourselves.

Sleep tight little Henry  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline Cocoa

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »
I am so very sorry to hear of Henry's tragic accident.  I do know how you will be feeling as I lost a similar aged pup in the same way many many years ago.  Try and focus on the good memories of Henry and not the accident and eventually things will get easier.  My heart goes out to you and your husband.

Run free Henry, forever a young pup  :luv:

Jackie X

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 11:53:32 AM »
Awww sweetheart  :luv: how awful for you and your OH  :'( I do not have the words to tell you how bad I feel for you,  for your boy to be taken so young  :'(. Please don't beat yourself up easier said than done I know  :luv:
but like the others have said it is a tragic accident  :'( R.I.P. little Henry forever young  :angel: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 11:54:39 AM »
So sorry to read of Henry's tragic accident. Sending some of these for you.

Sleep tight little Henry. :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
I'm so sorry, what a terrible and tragic accident :'( :'(

Sleep tight little Henry :luv:

I know this probably won't be a priority for you at the moment, but by law (Road Traffic Act) the driver was required to report the accident to the police.

Offline Sue E

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you :'(

Rest in peace Henry  :angel:

Offline karen488

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 12:11:10 PM »
I am sure many of us have been in the situation where our dogs have run into the road so don't blame yourself. Both of mine have. We were just lucky. So sorry for your loss. x

Offline lmiller212

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 12:12:25 PM »
Thank you for the move, I didn't think it belonged in here but I suppose he will always be a puppy now.

Thank you all for your replies as well, nothing anyone can say can make this any better, there is nothing I can even say to help my husband. He just keeps saying it was his fault and he can't stop picturing Henrys face when he got to him.

I thought it was.an offence but unfortunately it was a plain white van with no markings and it was too dark to see the number plate so we will never know. There probably isn't even a mark on it, he was just a little boy.

Not sure if this will work but this is a recent picture of our wonderful little boy.

Always will you be a puppy, run free little Henry 21/10/12~ 03/10/13 Taken from us too soon but never will you be loved any less.