Author Topic: 5 months old.. and an absolute terror! is this normal?!?! :(  (Read 2128 times)

Offline abzy0309

Re: 5 months old.. and an absolute terror! is this normal?!?! :(
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
I was a smug owner too.... However we are fast approaching the 5 months and he is become Devilish by the day. I've just cracked opened the wine too! When does the 'teenager' strange end? Lol

Abbie & Reggie

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »
Daisy is going through the puppy equivalent of the terrible twos too!

Sometimes she is nice as pie (in the evenings) but during the day she can get really manic, jumping up and biting, ignoring me when I tell her to leave things, scratching at the door so I let her out thinking she needs to pee then she just messes around in garden and picks up poo, chasing the cats  >:D

However today was better, she recalled well outside, sat and stayed when asked and dropped her ball MOST of the time. God knows what tomorrow will bring though!  :005:

Offline PopPops

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 09:39:25 PM »

Pops was/is flipping hard work! We lost her brain somewhere in Norfolk on holiday on the day the hormones kicked in and haven't seen it since, she's still madder than a box of frogs. However if it's any consolation, the relationship I have with her has just got stronger and stronger every month, and she's so cuddly and affectionate now when she was just too busy as a puppy that most of the time I forget the hard work part.

It's the biggest compensation for the teenager stuff that building relationship, plus when she's not causing mayhem I do love her boundless enthusiasm for the day and how exciting a young dog finds everything. Every day she's so thrilled it's morning again. Love it.  :luv: 
Pops the Womble: November 2012 to February 2017. Forever loved and missed Poppet.

Offline Hannahc7

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 09:33:50 AM »
I was just about to start a thread saying EXACTLY the same thing! Maggie is 5 months and has become a different dog! She was so good with her training and suddenly she won't listen at all! So distracted and bitey! Unfortunately this started when I started going to the new intermediate dog class on Monday. She was rolling around on the floor biting at ankles! Wouldn't even sit - it was an absolute disaster!
You could see people thinking 'has this puppy been trained at all?'!
Any reassurance from anyone that this will get better any time soon? - I am dreading taking her to the class again next Monday.