Author Topic: Poorly puppy? - Saga update  (Read 4635 times)

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
Re: Poorly puppy?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 04:25:18 PM »
Been to vets this afternoon as he's still not quite his usual energetic self, and he passed something this morning which was basically just pink mucus... (TMI, sorry)! We have antibiotics, probiotics and to give him a chicken and rice diet for a week. Poor boy  :'(

Thanks again for the advice everyone

Rx

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »
Poor baby, really hope the meds help and he's soon back to his usual self :'( :luv:.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »
Poor baby, really hope the meds help and he's soon back to his usual self :'( :luv:.

Thanks, me too xx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 07:13:36 PM »
Hya just an idea if he gets fed up with chicken and rice, you could try alternating it with boiled white fish and rice, When Minstrel had colitis he was prescribed Insulox (sp/) tablets and they seemed to do the trick quite quickly - but do finish the course...or symptoms my return.

I imagine you got Prokolin too,  I always keep a tube of this in the cupboard, it works great if dog's tums are upset.

Hope he feels better really soon  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
Hya just an idea if he gets fed up with chicken and rice, you could try alternating it with boiled white fish and rice, When Minstrel had colitis he was prescribed Insulox (sp/) tablets and they seemed to do the trick quite quickly - but do finish the course...or symptoms my return.

I imagine you got Prokolin too,  I always keep a tube of this in the cupboard, it works great if dog's tums are upset.

Good idea thanks, I was wondering about alternatives actually as we've been treating him with chicken since day one, don't want him to get fed up of it! Can he have scrambled egg do you think?

Yeah we got the prokaolin as well, nasty stuff! I guess it must be flavoured with something as he didn't seem to mind eating it, looks like polyfilla to me!!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »

Good idea thanks, I was wondering about alternatives actually as we've been treating him with chicken since day one, don't want him to get fed up of it! Can he have scrambled egg do you think?

Yeah we got the prokaolin as well, nasty stuff! I guess it must be flavoured with something as he didn't seem to mind eating it, looks like polyfilla to me!!

Scrambled egg should be fine I would think. But don't make it with butter or milk. I have a non stick saucepan - or I believe you can cook it in the microwave  but cannot remember times and settings, it comes out resembling omlete.

I squeeze the prokolin on the meals and mix it in.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »
How is he today?

x In memory of Barney x

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »
I found chicken didn't agree with Charlie - so instead of chicken and rice I do mince (fried then dried with kitchen roll) and rice. Or mackerel and pasta :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline janek

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »
Poor little boy such a worry when they are not well ,hope he will be better soon
Janek

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 08:48:57 PM »
How is he today?

Still tiring easily but nowhere near as quiet as he was on Wednesday morning. Loving his chicken and rice dinners! And only two poops today!!  :o

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »
How is he today?

Still tiring easily but nowhere near as quiet as he was on Wednesday morning. Loving his chicken and rice dinners! And only two poops today!!  :o

Aw hope he is back to his normal self today :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »
How is he today?

Aw hope he is back to his normal self today :luv:

Give him time, you know how we feel after the runs - no energy, sleepy, I guess it affects them the same way. Hope the poops were firmish ones

Offline PennyB

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 10:20:34 PM »
Chappie in cans is a good food to give them when like this as well - it has white fish and chicken in it and sometimes easier than having to cook up rice/chicken/fish/potato all the time

I also give scrambled egg (made with water) as well for poorly dogs/pups or when they're too loose

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 03:44:14 AM »
We've a local source of fresh hen's eggs, straight from the hens  :005:, and have found that a raw egg helps with upset tummies. We just crack it open onto a plate and it's gone in seconds  ;).

Bob.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2013, 08:49:28 AM »
We've a local source of fresh hen's eggs, straight from the hens  :005:, and have found that a raw egg helps with upset tummies. We just crack it open onto a plate and it's gone in seconds  ;).

Bob.

We were advised to cook eggs when they have the runs.  The vet said raw eggs have a laxative effect while cooked eggs have the opposite effect  :dunno: