Author Topic: I Was Waiting For It To Happen  (Read 700 times)

Offline Bo's Mum

• Site Member
    • http://
I Was Waiting For It To Happen
« on: June 03, 2005, 10:53:30 PM »
the biting has started an oh how it hurts!! i have heard people liken it to a crocodile and i AGREE  it hurts sooooooooooooo much he esecially loves biting my ears, guess il jus have to keep using the OUCH techniques as that seems to be working for now hope he stops it soon  :P
carly x

Offline PennyB

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 11:12:13 PM »
the biting has started an oh how it hurts!! i have heard people liken it to a crocodile and i AGREE  it hurts sooooooooooooo much he esecially loves biting my ears, guess il jus have to keep using the OUCH techniques as that seems to be working for now hope he stops it soon  :P
[snapback]130243[/snapback]

Don't you just love those biting demons.

My sister had her ear ripped when our 1st family cocker, Sam, accidentally got her puppy teeth caught in it and had to go to hospital for it to be stitched.

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 10:46:16 AM »
If it helps - it is a sign that he is settling in and feels confident with you........ <_<  :D
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Sue H

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 07:33:35 PM »
The best thing is to always have something handy to distract their biting - with lots of growing children, I used to make 'thingys' out of a pair of outgrown or holey socks simply knotted together in the middle ... Puppy always wants to chomp on something, so let it chow down on its own toy and not your arm or fingers !!

They are not nourishing or fattening and can't be confused with a treat - they are just a substitute for what puppy wants without the gratification of giving you tribal scarring !!

This will quite possibly go on until puppy is 18 months + and the sooner you make them know that mouthing on you is 'not on' the better all round !!

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 08:01:57 PM »
Ppesi loves ears and long hair. If my daughter sits on the floor and has her long hair in a pony tail, Pepsi waits til she's engrossed in the tv, grabs and mouthful and tries to run off with it! We found ouch didn't work too well. Pepsi loves old socks tied together too  :D