Author Topic: "wee" Bit Frustrating!  (Read 918 times)

Offline Jessie

• Site Member
"wee" Bit Frustrating!
« on: June 20, 2005, 02:26:26 PM »
Hi,

I did not have this problem with Jessie, our first cocker, so I wondered if anyone could give some advice?

Mica is 17 weeks old.  At 14 weeks she was dry during the night and up until this weekend we only had one accident in the house since she reached 14 weeks.  I thought we had cracked it!!

However, over the past three days it appears she has given up on her house training -  she is no longer dry over night and today she has weed twice in the house and poo'd once.  Yesterday she squatted right in front of me in the dining room!

We have a special word we use when we take her outside, we praise her when she goes outside - why is she now not doing something she knows to do - is she pushing the envelope, hot, or just being lazy.....

Anyway, any advice on how I can get her back on track? - do we need to go back to basics again?

Ah! always something to keep me on my toes!

Offline PennyB

"wee" Bit Frustrating!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 03:04:04 PM »
I'd say go back to basics. It can take a while for some dogs and they can have a relapse for all sorts of reasons (only known to them sometimes).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
"wee" Bit Frustrating!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 04:38:59 PM »
I agree - go right bacl to basics and start again ;) . It's very common for them to forget stuff they've learned and to have to relearn. The weather etc won't be helping - so just start again - and enjoy :lol:
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional