Author Topic: Average weights of show cockers  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Bettylove

Average weights of show cockers
« on: June 15, 2019, 01:47:55 PM »
Hi I was just wondering what the average weight of an adult show cocker is? I am thinking about food portions. Sidney is 16 weeks old and weighs 7.1 kg- that seems like a lot to me?!!! Am I over feeding him or is this about average for a show cocker? He looks chunky and fluffy with short legs at the moment - will he grow into them?! 😂😂😂

Offline Gerryjane

Re: Average weights of show cockers
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 04:18:40 PM »
Toby is 17 weeks and was 6.1kg yesterday but he was very small to start with and had tummy issues. I think they vary enormously but Toby does have very large paws if that’s anything to go by :D

Offline Bettylove

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 08:40:29 PM »
Hi Thanks, Sidney has large paws too- the groomer commented on it. Just trying to work out if it’s just puppy fat (I have also wormed him!) or wether I am feeding him too much!

Offline Cheadlea

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 02:06:31 AM »
Hi Cedric is definitely Sidney’s brother from Grantham and is now 15 weeks. He weighs 7kg and is quite chunky getting through a tin of Lilly’s Kitchen, Royal Canin kibble and sausage treats each day! Cedric has enormous paws and is very fluffy too. Vet said he’s healthy and fine re weight. His biting is another matter entirely but no guarding issues at all. They sound very similar and am posting a pic for reference - once I woke out how to!

Offline Bettylove

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 07:51:16 AM »
Hi, fab to find you on here
- Cedric sounds gorgeous! I haven’t yet worked out how to post pics on here! That’s good to know about the weight. They are obviously just chunky fluff monsters 😂😂  Sidney is fab, his biting hasn’t been too much of an issue but at puppy social he does like to collect the toys in his make shift dens (under a chair, in a tyre). It’s hard to know what’s play and when to step in as he is very vocal. We are new to cockers and they are funny and affectionate and a little bonkers! Looking  forward to hearing about Cedric on here.

Offline Bettylove

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 07:53:11 AM »
I have just noticed Cedric’s picture- He’s gorgeous ❤️🐾🐶