Author Topic: Mouthing and Lunging  (Read 1606 times)

Offline debup

• Bryn
Mouthing and Lunging
« on: February 09, 2022, 05:19:11 PM »
Hi all,  we lost our beloved Bryn last year and now have a 6 month old puppy,  who may I add is the complete opposite to our previous boy. He’s now 6 months old and learnt to jump on sofa and lunge at us he’s still mouthing to. We stand up turn our backs on him. Nothing works
If we put him in another room he will scratch the door bark whine it’s awful. Please any advice. The joy of having a puppy is really not and we are at our wits end what to do. We couldn’t have children in the house for fear of him doing this to them.
Thank you

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Re: Mouthing and Lunging
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 06:09:11 PM »
I understand how you feel. My previous two cockers were complete  angels  :angel:
My new puppy 7 months definitely is not  >:D. She is a very challenging puppy.
I wrote a reply on a similar thread and have included it here to show you you are not alone and there is hope   ;)  My Maisie is very slowly getting better and my advice about using a lead on the door knob really does help.  She has just had a minute on her lead (with us ignoring her) and is now sleeping quietly in her basket.  I also can not leave her in another room for a time out as she would be up to mischief.

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=121232.0
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Lobo do Mar

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 08:30:16 AM »
Salty was NOT an angel (see my post)
Now at 2.5 he is a dream softykins
Wasnt easy tho.

Offline Firestorm

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 10:22:35 AM »
Max was the same started at 5 months as soon as I entered the room he would jump up biting my clothes same when I sat down. When I let him out in the garden he became worse running wild then lunging up biting my clothes. Even standing still ignoring him didn’t make any difference he just carried on. The way I dealt with it was when I entered the room or sat down as soon as he started I  left the room for a short while. Kept doing it until he stopped, now when I enter the room or sit down he comes for a cuddle. Did the same in the garden quite a few times walked  to go back in the house with him hanging on to my trousers. Closed the patio doors with him staring in at me then venture back out, if he started again walk back in. He is better in the garden but occasionally forgets when he is hyper and still lunges but getting there.