Author Topic: Height of puppy pen?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline russ-g

Height of puppy pen?
« on: October 24, 2022, 03:43:58 PM »
Hi,

Im considering getting an indoor puppy pen which I can organise around Stanley's crate. He's currently 4 months old, but I suspect we'll be needing it to last until he's 12 months.

What height do I need to get to ensure he cannot jump over it?

Thanks
Russ

Offline Grannyp

Re: Height of puppy pen?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 12:20:50 PM »
Hi Russ,

I've measured Barneys pen - 70cm high.  At 19 months he can't jump over it even when standing on his bed for a bit of extra lift!

I bought the one in the link below but have it set in an oblong shape. I've since bought 2 more to enable me to partition off the dining room and make barriers when and where needed, in the house and garden.  They have been absolutely brilliant, very versatile.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2276234?clickSR=slp:term:puppy%20pen:1:688:1

Sarah

Offline russ-g

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 02:22:06 PM »
Hi Russ,

I've measured Barneys pen - 70cm high.  At 19 months he can't jump over it even when standing on his bed for a bit of extra lift!

I bought the one in the link below but have it set in an oblong shape. I've since bought 2 more to enable me to partition off the dining room and make barriers when and where needed, in the house and garden.  They have been absolutely brilliant, very versatile.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2276234?clickSR=slp:term:puppy%20pen:1:688:1

Sarah

Thanks Sarah, this looks really interesting. Do you know if it can it be set up in a straight line if fixed at either end, or does it need to be curved?

Offline Grannyp

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 01:12:50 PM »
Hi Russ, It can be set in a straight line. I think it comes with wall fixings but I've put a panel at right angles on either end to make a free standing barrier. about 4 or 5 panels wide, one being the gate. I was able to tuck each end behind a piece of furniture so Barney couldn't squeeze around the ends.  He can stand with his paws on the top without it falling over.