Author Topic: Over Excitement Toilet Issues  (Read 2259 times)

Offline kobesdad

Over Excitement Toilet Issues
« on: February 12, 2023, 07:37:33 PM »
Hope everyone is fine.  I have another issue with my near 10 month old pup Kobe.  Ok his stools have always been a bit challenging but now we have him on extra sensitive stomach puppy food and he is thriving on it.  Though I have noticed a pattern with his toilets which I wanted to ask other cocker owners opinion about.  Stools first thing in the morning wonderful firm a pleasure to pick up.  Stools lunchtime in the park soft and a mushy mess.  Evening stools fine and not an issue too.  He is a very hyper excitable pup is it possible the lunchtime mess either in the park or on the walk to the park just down to puppy excitement?  Anyone else have an issue with this type of thing? 

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Over Excitement Toilet Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 09:12:40 PM »
Hi,! Yes, I think its quite possible, I remember Humphrey often having very runny stools when he‘d been racing round with other puppies after training classes when he was young.   
As long as he‘s otherwise healthy and active and not losing weight I wouldn’t tend to worry  too much.
 :luv:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 08:58:06 AM »
It's possible if he is fine otherwise.

I used to call it "over excitement runny bottom"  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 07:46:07 PM »
One of my boys was particularly prone to adrenalin poos...  :lol2:

Offline sophie.ivy

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 10:17:24 AM »
Yes! My girl has a normal toilet in the morning in the garden and then adrenalin poop on her morning walk after a big zoom. I don't think it's anything to worry about and quite normal for these crazy, zoomy dogs!