Author Topic: When can I feed Woody Adult Burns?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
When can I feed Woody Adult Burns?
« on: April 03, 2006, 09:57:36 PM »
 :D Have asked the question in the title!!

He's six months old now and both he and Daisy are are due a new sack of Burns each. Just wondering if I could just get one sack of adult food or if he;s too young.

He is a big fat pudding  :005: but I don't know if the kibble in the adult food is too big?

Any ideas?  ;)
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
Re: When can I feed Woody Adult Burns?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:04:35 PM »
We asked Burns this at crufts.  Barney is about 7 months now and we've just spent the last few weeks changing him onton adult burns.  We stuck with teh adult chicken and rice as basically it is the same as mini bites apart from bigger bits.  We've had no problems with the change.

Hoep woody likes his new food :)
Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 10:21:36 PM »
Molo was about the same age as Barney - I called the Burns helpline when I converted him over from Nutro Puppy, and they said he could go straight onto adult Burns  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 10:26:13 PM »
I put Disney onto adult Burns at 6 months with no problems - although come to think of it, that was around about the same time he stopped growing ph34r :005: :005:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Simon

• Site Member
  • Tommy Bonaloo
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 08:45:02 AM »
How much in grams do you give your pup's of adults Burns a day please? I find the guide on the side of the packet pretty unhelpful.  :huh:

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 09:28:31 AM »
I'm sure I kept Scooby on mini bites until he was 1  ph34r

If this is the case, that's fantastic because Misty prefers Scooby's adult Burns to the mini bites so when she's 6 months I will definately be switching her over  :D
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:50:09 PM »
How much in grams do you give your pup's of adults Burns a day please? I find the guide on the side of the packet pretty unhelpful.  :huh:

10g per Kg of dog is the recommended guideline, so a 10kg dog would have 100g per day  ;)

Use this as a starting point and increase or decrease as you see the dog losing or gaining weight  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »
My girls, although around 10/11kgs definitely needed more, they looked like toast racks feeding them 100grm.  Changed Bella over at 6 months as she seemed to leave her MB and eat my other girls adult food.  :005:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 01:28:42 PM »
I was going to leave Kali on mb until she was one but Burns say they can swap at 6 months.  She is on half and half at the mo while she gets used to it. 
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline rachie250876

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 08:16:05 PM »
HI fed my Weimaraner on Burns for many years, however in the end she became intolerant of it and more was coming out than was going in :-( 

She was also painfully thin as she is so active and was just not getting enough out of the food.

Not slating Burns though in anyway, just saying that it doesn't do for every dog unfortunately.

Now feed Naturediet and have done for the last 12 months , gone from 4-5 poos a day to twice :-) she is in fantastic condition and her coat is fab :-) 

Burns were however the only dried food I would consider feeding my dogs, as at least its actual chicken not the odds and ends that goes into the food - unlike other dried dog food maufacturers that will go nameless ..... >:D

Our doggie family is :- Amber 11yrs (Weimaraner), Bilbo 4yrs(Collie) and Rosie and Sally(Orange Roan cocker) cocker's belong to mother in law ! although having now experienced life with a cocker I think I may be looking in a couple of years :-)

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 08:26:52 PM »
I came to Burns when we got Mrs Bridges from MT in December, they gave us a free bag and this was what she'd been eating there.

I have never fed dry food to a dog before as I am generally not a fan of it, but I have to say, Mrs B is thriving on it.  I give her 2 cups a day (one in the morning, one at night) and her weight is constant and her coat is superb.  I never quite knew how much to give her, so I 'guestimated'!  :005:

Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)