Author Topic: Little Git  (Read 2554 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Little Git
« on: June 19, 2006, 07:30:41 AM »
I have been having a few problems with toilet training Aspen over the past couple of months (although feels like a lifetime :005:). I know he has bladder control as he can hold it in when we are at work (obviously he gets toilet breaks) but when we are at home he will just pee constantly >:( I know I have cleaned it up properly or else Dallas would mark over it (as I discovered when toilet training Disney ::)). Anyway......this morning I woke up and Aspen had his first pee and poo free night :shades: I went to switch the computer on before taking them out and he went to do a pee so I did my Victoria-type ah ah ah noise and he stopped :shades: (normally he would just carry on!!) I was feeling so chuffed at this point that I hadn't noticed he had been munching on a pen overnight and is now sporting two nice ink splodges on his cheek >:D  We go for our walk and he does 3 pees and a poo while I dance in the street and praise him with bits of sardine cake. Come back in and 5 minutes later he does a little pee in the dog room >:D >:D >:D Talk about 1 step forward, 3 steps back - knew it was too good to be true

Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh - just needed to get that off my chest :lol:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
Re: Little Git
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 07:39:48 AM »
But don't you just love him!  :luv:

Can totally empathise though. I remember standing outside for 20 minutes at 6 o'clock one very cold, icy morning (not that long ago)waiting for the pups to 'go'. Only for them both to poo on the living floor the minute we went inside!  >:(

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 07:48:23 AM »
Snap. we seem to be going backwards with the fat twins at to mo. They were doing really well I don't know what's happened go outside come in and pee. They are clean at night though and will not soil the crate or run so i suppose that's something.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Saffie

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 07:50:16 AM »
It might be wise to have little Aspen checked for a bladder infection if he seems to be weeing more than usual. This may be why he seems to be constantly weeing or has he done it from day 1?

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 07:59:54 AM »
It might be wise to have little Aspen checked for a bladder infection if he seems to be weeing more than usual. This may be why he seems to be constantly weeing or has he done it from day 1?

He's done it from day one so I just think he is a pee machine ::)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Brooksuk

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 08:15:27 AM »
 :005: I too remember standing outside with Fred in those cold winter nights (sometimes in the rain) waiting for him to "go" before putting him to bed!!

I think we were extremely lucky with Fred as he was almost completely toilet trained within about 4-5 weeks of getting him. :luv:

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 08:37:28 AM »
Aren't they little monkeys sometimes?!  >:D

We were quite lucky with Max in that he trained fairly easily & quickly over last summer when we got him & only ever did the odd poo on the lino in the kitchen - never had a carpet poo to try to clean - wahey! However, weeing took slightly longer to 'get' - he did a fair few all over the place in the early days - despite all our efforts!

I remember being very chuffed that he'd got it sorted & went to visit a friend one day last winter & was bragging about how good he was etc etc etc - well, you can guess the rest!!!!... He &  my friend's lovely golden lab had played for ages in the garden, both peed & poo'ed & then came inside to calm down & chill for a bit - I happened to glance at Max who was lying on the floor next to the sofa & to my horror, he did an enormous wee without even getting up!!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!!  >:D >:D >:D It just sort of spread out from him in a big pool!!!!!!!!! It was like he was too shattered to bother to get up??!! Thank god they had a wooden floor!!!! I did worry that maybe something was wrong with him but that was it - he was fine afterwards & never did it again & to this day hasn't had any indoor accidents for months on end - weird!!!!!!!!!

from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 08:47:32 AM »
Really happy to say Fern took no time at all to toilet train :angel:   :huh: What's that wet patch on the carpet? ::)

No seriously she is pretty good but we still have at least one little mishap every other day or so. Normally after they have been playing and I'm in the middle of something and haven't put her straight out.

Sometimes, if it's raining or dark and you've put her out she runs back in and decideds it's nicer to do it inside >:D  (Could she be afraid of the dark? Hope not as when the winter arrives up here we get very little daylight)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 10:41:24 AM »
Lots of sympathy Gill  :D The little monkey

Bailey was  so slow to toilet train  >:(  there was nothing wrong with him medically - just a numpty gene  :005:  he got praised outside for peeing - he then  started to pee in the house at my feet with a proud look  >:(  we got there in the end though......and kept kitchen roll in business!! 
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 10:45:59 AM »
we got there in the end though......and kept kitchen roll in business!! 

I definately think we are doing this at the mo too :D

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 11:07:13 AM »
Elastic band around his whotsit. Bound to work!

You DO know that's a joke, right?

Poor you. You'll get there in the end. You know that really. Feels like years though doesn't it?

Vent all you like! ;)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 11:12:22 AM »
good luck with the toilet training gill ;)

some take longer than others i know....

it's not anything to do with the other dogs being around him in the garden distracting him is it?  s.i.l's pup comes in to pee when she and jarv have been playing...think she forget's about weeing in the excitement of company and remembers when she comes in and slows down and relaxes ph34r
helen & jarvis x

Offline Poppy W

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 11:38:02 AM »
We are having similar probs with Percy. He is dry overnight and will happily go for wees in the garden/on walks but he's taken to pooing on the landing upstairs   >:D and last night pooed on our patio (at least it was outside!). My mum has also said that he wees on her patio rather than on the garden - bizarre. She cleans it with Jeyes Fluid so I don't think there can be a good smell!!!

Oh well, at least the floors are clean where we keep scrubbing them!  :005:

Offline kb

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 11:45:55 AM »
I think when they are younger their bladders are more "irritable" (sensitive), so they are inclined to go as soon as there is a tiny amount of pee in there.  This will change as they get older (or at least so I am told ;)). Honey is 1 now and even though she is "fully" trained  - up until recently we still would have had the occasional damp patch :shades:

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 11:48:08 AM »
You say you give him sardine treats when he goes to the loo on a walk, maybe he associates going to toilet with getting a treat and can't understand why he doesn't get one indoors  :blink:.
Cayley.