Author Topic: Babble Ball  (Read 2823 times)

Offline The Woolys

• Site Member
Re: Babble Ball
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 03:14:47 PM »
Freddy is 8 months old today, so it can be his pressie, although he gets a present most weeks anyway well come to think of it days actually  :005:

Offline Neville

• Site Member
  • Me 13 weeks old
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 03:16:57 PM »
I have ordered a babble ball and a wiggly giggly ball for Coco's birthday next week - that dog has sooooo many toys!   :005:
That is positively the last time I am buying her more toys!!!  :shades:

Bet it isn't :005: :005:
Look forward to hearing from you!

Offline crunchie

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 03:36:17 PM »
Pringle loves her giggly, wiggly ball.  She chases it for hours.  She has restricted play time with Babble Balls as they drive you a bit mad and don't seem to last that long either but they are one of her favourites.  Her most favourite toy though is a long sqiueaky pink cow I bought for 99p from our local co-op.  She loves it so much and carries it everywhere with her and keeps knocking you with it to get you to play.  Thankfully the squeak has long stopped working.

Like Freddy, she has presents almost every day.  On Saturday she had 3 new presents from her local pet shop - a teddy with a squeaky tummy, a sausage dog with a squeak and a rope tummy and a squeaky slipper.  By 8pm Saturday they were all in the bin.  She had ripped the face off the teddy and chewed great big holes in both the sausage dog and the slipper - she is so ungrateful  >:(  But no doubt the doggy toy fairy will soon bring her some more  ::)
Ann and Pringle

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 03:54:44 PM »
Like Freddy, she has presents almost every day.  On Saturday she had 3 new presents from her local pet shop - a teddy with a squeaky tummy, a sausage dog with a squeak and a rope tummy and a squeaky slipper.  By 8pm Saturday they were all in the bin.  She had ripped the face off the teddy and chewed great big holes in both the sausage dog and the slipper - she is so ungrateful  >:(  But no doubt the doggy toy fairy will soon bring her some more  ::)

What an ungrateful pup.  If she wrecks all her toys, I would just give her the tubes from inside the loo rolls.  >:(  Coco loves those too but she does love her toys and fortunately tends not to destroy them very often.  :D she much prefers to destroy my things eg doormat, handbrush, garden tools and gloves etc. She's quite crafty really!  ::)
Julie and Watson

Offline The Woolys

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »
I can't help it, i just see things that i know he will like   :005:

Might have to get him a jumbone tomorrow  :luv:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 05:50:19 PM »

What an ungrateful pup.  If she wrecks all her toys, I would just give her the tubes from inside the loo rolls.  >:(  Coco loves those too but she does love her toys and fortunately tends not to destroy them very often.  :D she much prefers to destroy my things eg doormat, handbrush, garden tools and gloves etc. She's quite crafty really!  ::)

Alfie is exactly the same as Pringle, he's not happy until he has ripped something to shreds. If you give him a soft toy he will stand in the middle of the living room floor, hold it between his paws then rip bits off it and spit them out onto the floor until there's nothing left the wee  >:D   ::)  Half the time he doesn't even chew, he just rips and tears! He does love his babble ball though and thankfully it's too hard for him to chew up so I might have to invest in a giggly wiggly ball for him as well  :luv:

I give him empty cereal packets, cup a soup boxes etc. to play with when I go out - just put some kibble or biscuits in there, tape it up and hey presto, it makes a great rattly noise, it doesn't matter if they tear it to pieces (that's the whole point) and they get some treats!  :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 08:13:36 PM »
Ben is also a toy destroyer - luckily there is a really cheap shop in town that sells the rope toys with tennis balls on for £1.  I don't begrudge him a couple of them as the rope bit survives for a while - but other toys are boxes - plastic bottles - loo rolls ........... and his babble ball which amazingly still works (since Christmas)

Offline The Woolys

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 09:25:19 AM »
Well we gave Freddy his babble ball last night

He just kept barking and barking at it, i think it scared him, they are quite loud aren't they.

It looked like he hated it but his tail was wagging,

Offline Neville

• Site Member
  • Me 13 weeks old
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 10:01:49 AM »
I'm sure he loves it really!

Neville had his house line on last night as was a little monkey all night.

To distract from being naughty I got the babble ball out and he played with it for a few mins then left it.  As he walked around, the house line caught it a couple of times and it was brilliant watching him look at OH and me to see who had moved the ball and try to work out how it had happened! :luv:

It definitely got his brain cells working!  Didn't stop him being a  >:D >:D though

Offline crunchie

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 11:00:10 AM »
For all you babble ball devotees out there, I have found a brilliant variation on these.  It is called a Talk to Me Treat Ball and the brilliant thing about it is you can record your own message on it, so it is you 'babbling'.  You can re-record the message as many times as you like.  OH has got it saying all sorts and one of the things it is saying is 'run faster ball' which is quite funny when Pringle is battering it around the patio.  You can also put treats in it that roll out as they play with it.

Ours arrived this morning - it is excellent.  You can also buy replacement batteries for it as well so in theory it should last for ages.  I got mine from www.doggiesolutions.co.uk.  They are really efficient.  I only ordered it yesterday afternoon and it arrived first thing this morning.  It is the medium treat ball on their web site and they also do a glow in the dark version as well.  They cost £7.99 each.  Pringle loves it to bits already.
Ann and Pringle

Offline The Woolys

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 02:20:30 PM »
How does your dogs react to the babble ball,

Freddy just barks and barks at it, really don't think he likes it

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 04:14:05 PM »
Coco just picks it up in her mouth and trots around the room with it - it is babbling all the way!  Quite comical really.  When I put it back in the box I keep her toys in she hits the box to make it babble inside the box!!  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Neville

• Site Member
  • Me 13 weeks old
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 04:53:28 PM »
For all you babble ball devotees out there, I have found a brilliant variation on these.  It is called a Talk to Me Treat Ball and the brilliant thing about it is you can record your own message on it, so it is you 'babbling'.  You can re-record the message as many times as you like.  OH has got it saying all sorts and one of the things it is saying is 'run faster ball' which is quite funny when Pringle is battering it around the patio.  You can also put treats in it that roll out as they play with it.

Ours arrived this morning - it is excellent.  You can also buy replacement batteries for it as well so in theory it should last for ages.  I got mine from www.doggiesolutions.co.uk.  They are really efficient.  I only ordered it yesterday afternoon and it arrived first thing this morning.  It is the medium treat ball on their web site and they also do a glow in the dark version as well.  They cost £7.99 each.  Pringle loves it to bits already.

ORDERED ONE!

Hope it comes soon - i want to play!

Offline crunchie

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 08:18:27 PM »
Pringle loves her babble ball, but loves her new Talk to Me Treat Ball even more  ;).  She is always trying to bury it either in the garden or in her bed and gets all over excited and flustered in the process.  It is so funny and keeps her occupied for hours.
Ann and Pringle