Author Topic: How do you register an irish born pup with the kennel club?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
How do you register an irish born pup with the kennel club?
« on: October 24, 2006, 03:52:59 PM »
my sister is getting a pup from southern ireland which will be registered with their kennel club.
 question one. does she need to put it into her own name with the irish kennel club  BEFORe registering it with the uk kc.?
 question two. will this pup be classed as an import? as its not in uk? which forms will she use? does the breeder have to fill in anything?
have looked on kc website but theyve changed it and the print is now so small I cant read it even with my glasses.
 thankyou in advance. I just wish the kc  hadnt changed the website.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: How do you register an irish born pup with the kennel club?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 05:06:25 PM »
Yes pups registered with the Irish Kennel Club are treated as imports when it comes to registering them with the UK KC. There is a reciprocal arrangement in place between the IKC and the KC so the paperwork isn't too complicated. Your sister does need to register the pup in her name with the IKC first and then she has to complete a form and send that with a certified copy of the pedigree to the KC over here. HERE's the relevant page on the KC website. (If you're using IE, click View then Text Size then Larger to make the text bigger)
Jane

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Re: How do you register an irish born pup with the kennel club?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 05:39:04 PM »
oh thanks jane. my eyesight is getting seriously bad. I tried so hard to find the correct page. id found it earlier so I knew it existed but that was before they changed the website.