Author Topic: new puppy, new member  (Read 3187 times)

Offline nicola brennan

• Site Member
Re: new puppy, new member
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 09:33:56 AM »
hi,  i have a 3 mth working cocker with white bib, bobby.  i wondering about the bitey thing.  we had him younger than we thought i was wondering if that was why he was still bitey and if it will go as he gets older.  we have clean nights now!! which makes going into the kitchen a joy rather than a dread......   :D
nicola x bobby

Offline Janice-Dylan

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 07:42:02 PM »
We have a bitey puppy too- 15 week old Dylan. He's still biting but it's definitely getting better-but slowly. It happens mostly when the kids wind him up. I think the jury's out on the age he comes to you affecting this. I know they say he learns from his mum/siblings how to behave but my friend has his brother-no kids and very little biting. As he's getting older and we're progressing with training in other ways,he seems to be getting the message re who's boss. We ignore him if we can, lock him in his cage when he gets out of hand(couple of minutes tops) it's the only time his door gets shut. He's learning, but very slowly.

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 11:11:36 PM »
Hi and welcome to the board :D

I would have run a mile if I knew mum was about to give birth, and I have had three kids!!! My breeder, well Tia's breeder, sent me a text to say mum was in labour and I was in a right state from then on! I hate to think what I will be like if one of my daughters ever decides to make me a grandma!!! I got the first text at about dinner time on the Saturday, then heard nothing, by 5pm I was having kittens so sent a text ph34r.... Nothing much was happening, she said she would let me know once they were born. By 10am on the Sunday morning still no pups ph34r, so mum was off to see the vet, he said all was fine and to leave her to it! Finally at 5pm ish I got the message I was waiting for.... 3 girls and 5 boys, mum and babies all doing well :luv:.... Longest days I have ever had though! There is the reason I could never breed!

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline mosscliff

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 07:51:09 PM »
Hi All
Thankyou for all your lovely replies.  I feel very welcome.  We are waiting for eyes to open.   They are great time wasters.   I'll load some pics soon. I love to see the pics of all your cockers.

Karen