Author Topic: "miniature" Cocker Spaniel  (Read 12766 times)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Re: "miniature" Cocker Spaniel
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »
I've got 2 different types in my litter. 5 Flumps (as I call them) and 3 smaller ones. The smaller one's aren't exactly tiny though, they are just smaller boned/framed. They aren't weak either  ;) with 8 puppies and 5 of those REALLY greedy I do have to spend a lot of time making sure the smaller ones don't get pushed out of the way by the bulldozers  :D
Can't imagine a Cocker the size of a Chihuahua  :huh: shame on supposed "breeders" for even advertising it like it's something to be proud of  >:D

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 02:03:52 PM »
Top Dog. Are you absolutely sure this is a reputable breeder :huh: ? I know you say both parents are KC registered but that is not the be-all-and-end-all. I think this sounds very odd and would have strong doubts about this litter and the breeder to be honest. Just my gut feeling.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »
Top Dog. Are you absolutely sure this is a reputable breeder :huh: ? I know you say both parents are KC registered but that is not the be-all-and-end-all. I think this sounds very odd and would have strong doubts about this litter and the breeder to be honest. Just my gut feeling.

completely agree with you happydog, this doesn't sound like something a reputable breeder to me  :-\
helen & jarvis x

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 03:47:16 PM »
To be fair to the breeder in the advert, they don't sound uncaring as such but probably lack any real knowledge and experience. They do state they're looking for a special home and are not asking a high price (like "teacup" breeders would do). I just don't get where they've plucked the Chihuahua size from :huh:
Jane

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 08:35:21 PM »
A bit OT maybe, but I had a really tiny pup in one litter. At 7 weeks she was half the size of her littermates. Well, - she is the biggest in that litter now (at almost 2 yrs), way above the breed standard. So hardly a chihuahua  :005: :lol:
There's only one, -but that one is a lion

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 09:21:35 PM »
Know what you mean about the ads, even sadder is the large number of re-homes offered and in many cases they could have only had the pup for a month or so though theres as many older ones - some quite blatantly are offering a bitch as 'suitable for breeding, has had many previous litters' etc. Makes me mad.
how can they sell dogs that have been part of the family. if there was ever a time that i couldn't keep my dogs i would never dream of trying to get money for them. i would try to find a home and failing that i would choose a rescue with care too. those poor dogs must be heartbroken :'(

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 09:33:02 PM »
Poppy was the smallest in her litter and at 5 months she is still about half the size of some of her bigger brothers!

I really can't believe that this pup will only grow to the size  a Chihuahua.  I would be very interested in seeing photos tho  ph34r
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 09:56:50 PM »
Poppy was the smallest in her litter and at 5 months she is still about half the size of some of her bigger brothers!

I really can't believe that this pup will only grow to the size  a Chihuahua.  I would be very interested in seeing photos tho  ph34r

yes, but poppy was sold to you by a responsible breeder who acknowledged her diminutive size and preferred her to go to a good non-working home as the breeder doubted that she would be big enough to work  :luv:

most runts catch up, there is no doubt in my mind that this little pup will grow, maybe into a small cocker but never as small as a chi

helen & jarvis x

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 10:01:51 PM »

yes, but poppy was sold to you by a responsible breeder who acknowledged her diminutive size and preferred her to go to a good non-working home as the breeder doubted that she would be big enough to work  :luv:

most runts catch up, there is no doubt in my mind that this little pup will grow, maybe into a small cocker but never as small as a chi

She was indeed Helen, she didn't want her to be worked, bred from or live as an outside dog because of her size, so lucky for us we could offer her the right home  :luv:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »
well rolos mam is small and shes had some small pups and mostly theyve gone to working homes and they work well . as long as their mouths arent too small so they have to grip the bird too hard. But rolos sister aairaigh really is little. she IS too small to work or ever breed from shes in a pet home and spayed. shes about 12 inches ( just) at shoulder. shes a toot. but a bossy little madam and she is as healthy as can be . dogs are like people you get big ones and small ones and they are equally healthy.
and aaraigh would never sit still long enough to go into anyones handbag .she's fitted with long life batteries.. never tires, shes a big dog in a small form. also one of rolos half sisters is 16 inches at shoulders so you never can tell how they are going to turn out. ;)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »
well rolos mam is small and shes had some small pups and mostly theyve gone to working homes and they work well . as long as their mouths arent too small so they have to grip the bird too hard. But rolos sister aairaigh really is little. she IS too small to work or ever breed from shes in a pet home and spayed. shes about 12 inches ( just) at shoulder. shes a toot. but a bossy little madam and she is as healthy as can be . dogs are like people you get big ones and small ones and they are equally healthy.
and aaraigh would never sit still long enough to go into anyones handbag .she's fitted with long life batteries.. never tires, shes a big dog in a small form. also one of rolos half sisters is 16 inches at shoulders so you never can tell how they are going to turn out. ;)

she sounds small enough to post to wiltshire then ;)  go on jean.....

(sorry, off topic...but it's a liver worker thing.....)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 10:24:41 PM »
But rolos sister aairaigh really is little. she IS too small to work or ever breed from shes in a pet home and spayed. shes about 12 inches ( just) at shoulder. shes a toot. but a bossy little madam 

Sounds EXACTLY like poptart :luv:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 10:29:10 PM »
I warn you Helen she can be even more disgusting than Rolo.
1) her owner my best pal is afraid of birds. aaraigh is better than a cat at catching them and takes them all in and hides them all over the house.
2) my friend thinks she is percy thrower. so does aaraigh. she planted a rabbit where ther was a geranium.. it had been dug up and unceremonialy cast aside. my friend saw said geranium raced over to save the plant and saw a pair of ears sticing out of ground. mystified she caught hold of ears and pulled.. like paul daniels she pulled a completely whole unmarked but v dead rabbit from its shallow grave wher it had been interred sitting upright like budda... aairaigh must have been hoping loke plants it wouls send out rabbit shoots!! :luv:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 10:30:32 PM »
mich you can see her in rolos birthday pic you wont have to work out which one she is.. have a look..

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 10:32:05 PM »
mich you can see her in rolos birthday pic you wont have to work out which one she is.. have a look..

ok, will do now ;) :D