Author Topic: Cost of a pup? Curiosity has me.  (Read 9930 times)

Offline moll

• Site Member
  • Chester Copperpot Conker Woods
Re: Cost of a pup? Curiosity has me.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 09:06:55 PM »
Chester cost us £600 this December.

Cost per stroke that's nothing. ;)

www.myspace.com/thechesterwoods
[img width= height=]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/66/killingtinyoh8.jpg[/img]

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 10:58:44 PM »
Ayla cost me £650 and I knew her breeder but I was very specific about what I wanted and there was another person that wanted her, she was the only black bitch in the litter the rest were boys or blue roan or black and white.  I also wanted to avoid the curly coat that her sire has and she is just what I wanted also the last one born. :luv: :luv:

I paid more for bonnie but as someone else has pointed out money is NOT what should be the first thought for a dog or to indicate a good breeder, the most expensive ones I have come across have been from puppy farmers or people looking to make a quick buck.

Offline Lee67

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 11:29:29 PM »
We paid £400 for Poppy (KC reg working cocker) last August.
Wouldn't swap her for all the tea in China!  :lol:
Lee & Poppy xx

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 11:41:22 PM »
Tia cost me £650 last summer from a show breeder. The Newfs cost much more :o!!

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline kazzcarr

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2007, 11:56:02 PM »
Honey cost £550, and had had first injections. We had to go all the way to Dundee to get her as seen a few in Glasgow but in my opinion not reputable breeders.
Cost a small fortune since then! Why do vets fees always come in just below the excess on the insurance!?!???
Shes been worth every penny and what she's done for my kids make her priceless!!
not overweight, just under tall

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 09:27:19 AM »
£550. Hurley is a show type and worth every penny. We bought him more or less a year ago.
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 09:33:06 AM »
We paid £450 for Scooby (two and a half years ago) and £550 for Misty - that was without vacs for both  ;)
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 09:50:12 AM »
Fern Kc reg working cocker, good pedigree and line,  breeder very good friends  ;) she cost me £000 ph34r
 (then again she has also cost £840 for  a deer fence to be put round the garden  :005: )

But the rest of the litter went for £350 each

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 01:27:08 PM »
My Rosie was £500 8 years ago!!  It seemed a lot at the time, but definitely worth every last penny  :luv:  My Jasmine was also £500 just under 4 years ago.  :luv:

Offline SusieWoo

• Site Member
  • Dizzy
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 01:40:13 PM »
I have also been bemused by the variance of pups - especially those that are cross breeds such as sprockers as breeders seem to think they are worth as much as a full KC reg pedrigree.  Surely that can't be right!   :huh:
If you don't want my opinion, don't ask!

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2007, 01:43:39 PM »
I have also been bemused by the variance of pups - especially those that are cross breeds such as sprockers as breeders seem to think they are worth as much as a full KC reg pedrigree.  Surely that can't be right!   :huh:

If not more!! I have seen labradoodles offered for up to £1k - how on earth it can be justified I have no idea.
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline bernie

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2007, 01:46:39 PM »

We paid £570 for Ruby last June.
Love Bernie, Ruby and Ted x

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2007, 02:10:32 PM »
Jimmy was only £250 - he came from a well known breeder ( she's bred 10 show champions) but she's elderly, a bit eccentric and doesn't do things by the book anymore - not KC reg and no health checks.  :-\ It was 5 years ago and I didn't know any better back then, I'd just presumed he'd be KC reg because of the source who'd tipped me off about the litter.  ph34r One curious thing though,  I hadn't even asked about price beforehand but after choosing Jimmy I got my cheque book out and she said "they are all £350 except the one you've picked, he's £250".  :o I've no idea why he was in the bargain bin, like some kind of 'gone wrong', I was too taken aback to ask. Poor thing, your Daddy loves you anyway Jimmy.  :lol:

Offline Krisdt

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2007, 02:31:58 PM »
The variance of prices is bizarre. I know when I started looking for a pup I had a look on the less reputable sites just to get an idea of what to avoid more than anything and some of the prices for xbreeds was shocking. I can appreciate why labradoodles came about (the whole allergy thing) butI too think that xbreeds are just that not designer dogs  :huh: I expected a kinda north south difference but thats not the case really its just totally randomness.

Offline harleys mum

• Site Member
  • Harley & Rio....butter wouldn't melt!
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 05:49:51 PM »
Harley came from a lovely lady in Horsham last September (my sister in law's neighbour) we paid £650 but I understand the going rate was £750.  Apparently his dad is a (sh ch) ..did I get that right???  but Harley neither knows nor cares.

Harley is soooo special words fail me and no amount of money could replace him, er........Any Offers?!!!!! (not in a million years)

Lynne
Lu