Author Topic: I think we have found our puppy!  (Read 14162 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
I think we have found our puppy!
« on: March 04, 2007, 09:52:53 PM »
We have been lurking on here for ages, soaking up advice and information.  We have recently decided to go ahead and start looking in earnest for a pup. 
I had a number of contact phone numbers, and as explained in a previous post have looked at some litters.  Trev is due to have surgery on a problem on his hand on April 2nd, and will be at home for 6 weeks afterwards.  We discussed the possibiilty of getting a pup at about that time (during the Easter break).  We phoned a lady today, and went to view her pups.  She had a litter that is currently 3 weeks old. I was a bit anxious because she had 4 bitches available and was worried about whether we would be able to choose just the one!  Trev and Dominic came too, and we got hopelessly lost so arrived much later than planned.
The breeder was fabulous and talked us through the last twists and turns of the countryside and even stood outside with a torch to light our way to her gate!
She was encouragingly paranoid about us washing our hands before being allowed to meet mum and  pups and all of a sudden, there we were.  Confronted by the most beautiful mum and her equally beautiful pups. 
We had not discussed how to choose a puppy - we just said we would know when we found the right one.  And we did!
We  all fell for the same little girl - who had the same facial markings as her mum.
The breeder "ticked all the boxes" as far as I was concerned, and certainly asked us all the right questions!  She was lovely and her husband and son were too.  (Her house was also out of this world, but that's another story)
Anyway, we have tentatively booked the little girl we chose.  We have left a deposit and arranged to go back in 2 weeks (we are at Crufts this weekend)  By then she will be 5 weeks old, so running around a lot more and we can see them all during the day instead of when they were out for the count after their dinner!
Unless we change our minds, we are going to call her BUFFY and will be collecting her in early April when she will be 8 weeks old! 

Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Re: I think we have found our puppy!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:55:38 PM »
aaaawww that's great news, really pleased for you  :D :D

You know whats's coming next don't you??.....did you take any picies ??  ;)

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 09:56:39 PM »
Awww Penny!  I'm so please you have found your girl  :luv:  I hope all goes well and that we can see pics of Buffy soon!

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 09:57:04 PM »
Great news, Penny, congratulations.   :D  We expect piccies at the next visit!  What colour is she?  (Not important, I know, but had to ask  :lol:).
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 10:05:30 PM »
Aww that's great news Penny.  :D

Now you begin that verrrrrrrry long wait!  :005:

Please tell me you took some pics!
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline BabyBear

• Site Member
  • Who's a pretty girl
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 10:08:54 PM »
Congratulations, Its quite an ordeal trying to find the right pup.....but trust us when we say that it is certainly worth the effort.

We chose a girl and called her Skye although Buffy is a very nice name too  :D

We wish the very best of luck with your new edition into your home.

PS........Girls rule  :lol:
Al, Cath, And not forgetting Skye xxx ;)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 10:11:29 PM »
Hope this works and is the right size.  We took loads of pix, but they are not that great.
Next time she will be running around so should be better then.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/pennyharrison/BUFFY.jpg
What does everyone think?
I am hooked and the more I look at the photos the happier I feel.
How can we wait 5 long weeks?
However, we have given the breeder our email address and she has promised pix until we go back in 2 weeks, so will keep you up to date.
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 10:12:58 PM »
What do I think ...................... I think  :luv: sums it up!  Who could resist  :shades:

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 10:13:39 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Penel

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 10:17:24 PM »
Aww gorgeous  :luv: the breeder sounds great.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 10:30:52 PM »
Oooohhh how exciting Penny  :D ..she looks gorgeous  :luv: so pleased for you  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 10:46:19 PM »
That's great news.  Glad to hear you've found the one  :luv:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 10:58:16 PM »
congratulations penny, she is a little beauty (and sounds like fab breeder too!) :luv: :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 11:04:38 PM »
Awww she's lovely Penny  :luv:   I'm so pleased for you  ;) :D
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline mandy

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 11:07:05 PM »
congratulations on your new puppy she is gorgeous and what a fantastic name too :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

RIP Toby love and miss you every day xx

1/7/95 to 20/8/2012