Author Topic: Food Amounts  (Read 761 times)

Offline Beanie

• Site Member
Food Amounts
« on: April 04, 2007, 09:20:13 AM »
Morning,

Maisy is now 15 weeks and weighs 4.9 kilos.  She is on JWB and it says that she should have 20grms per Kilo so I have been giving her 20grms 4 times a day plus she has treats so I thought this was about right.  Anyway she is a bit of a Hoover (Rob joked we should have called her Dyson  :005:) but seems to be hungry during the night (heads straight into the kitchen when let out) and during the evening she scatches the cabinet doors as if to get to her food!

Now she is quite active and has 3 walks most days with a good run on each, does this factor?  looking at her this morning as we were walking she looks thin where her ribs end so I am a bit worried I am under feeding her but also worried she is just being greedy!! 

Thanks for any advice.

Nina

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Food Amounts
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:35:08 AM »
I worried that Kali looked thin in the place you mentioned but my vet Grace seems to think she looks lovely.  A nice trim waist she said ::)  I am just tinkering with Kalis food at the moment.  If she starts to look chubby I can always cut down!
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 09:39:49 AM »
Well as she is nearly 5 kg, I'd increase it to 25gms 4 times a day. Especially as she seems hungry.  :-\

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 09:49:37 AM »
A hungry dog is easier to train - you can bribe them. Jarvis doesn't care much for food so he's nice and trim but won't do much for snacks...
Robin & Emma & Jarvis