Author Topic: I think we have found our puppy!  (Read 14223 times)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Re: Happy happy phone call
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2007, 09:02:51 PM »
She's a wee cutie  :luv:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2007, 10:51:57 PM »
She's very sweet & there's absolutely nothing wrong with her face markings from a showing point of view ;)
Jane

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2007, 11:08:44 PM »
Penny - she is lovely!  I love the way she is turning out according to the breeder's reports  :005:  I had similar reports about Ben being the first to do this or that.  He has certainly made his presence felt and is the most wonderful (if challanging) dog ever.  Can't wait to see her when you get her home - and tales of life with Buffy  :luv:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2007, 11:14:43 PM »
 ;) Penny, she is beautiful you must be so excited. Jann :luv:

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2007, 11:21:49 PM »
Awww how cute is she, bet you can't wait to bring her home, she is beautiful  :luv:
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 06:08:18 AM »
Jan - the lady at Crufts was on the Discover Dogs stand, but she had 4 cockers with her (who were all gorgeous, and all different colours)  She gave me a leaflet about Cockers too!
The book I bought at Crufts says that you should clean a Cocker's ears every day with cotton wool soaked in oil!  Has anyone else heard of this?
I had also seen a cocker at a recent show wearing a "snood" type thing to stop its ears dropping into its dinner dish.
I found a stall that sold them at Crufts, but unfortunately the staff on the stall were not very helpful and I could not work out what size would be correct for a cocker.  They were priced at about 8-9 pounds each.  Does that sound right to everyone, and what size should we get?  Or should I wait until Buffy grows before I worry about such things - I just thought something like that (if we need to use one!) should be introduced whilst she is young.
I haven't even got her yet and I am full of questions already!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 06:50:31 AM »
We got a spot the dog from equafleece which is for when Dyllan is out and about in the dark however it would work to keep his ears out the way too if you left them tucked in.
We have a spaniel bowl but Dyllan needed to be a bit older before he could reach the bottom of it.
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline kellyjayne

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 06:57:17 AM »
I was told by a fellow cocker owner about cleaning their ears. Ive been doing Toby's everyday (when he manages to sit still long enough :005:) with cotton wool and warm water. Obviously I don't go deep into the ear , as you wouldn't with your own ears, because of potentially causing damage.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.  ~Roger Caras

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 08:48:48 AM »
Daily cleaning with oil sounds a bit excessive unless the ear is very gunky or smelly in which case I would go to the vet - if you are going to do them every day, I would only use water.   ;) I wipe Coco's ears about once a week with a wipe and put Thornits powder in about once a month!  I have also just made up some oil to give them a proper clean out when necessary - I used almond oil with a few drops of tea tree and lavender oil in it. Haven't had any problems with her ears since I got her.  ;)

Re:  the snoods - don't bother with one of those for eating. Would be such a faff putting one of those on at mealtimes.  ::)  You just need one of Clairep4's spaniel bowls  ;)  Coco has one of these and no matter what she has to eat - tripe, offal, sardines, raw egg etc - she doesn't get it on her ears.  :blink:  I have heard of people using the snood for a short time in late summer when grass seeds are a problem so if you are taking your dog out in long grass where there are lots of loose seeds around, that would be the only time to use one IMO.  £8-9 sounds pretty expensive though  :o - I know some people just use an old pop sock with the toe cut out!!  :005:  Doesn't look very glam but does the same job.  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2007, 09:14:04 AM »

What a sweetie :luv:

Offline Mollie.Ladie

• Site Member
  • Mmmm I love cockers!
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2007, 01:28:38 PM »
Shes just tooo cute!  :luv: :luv:
Mollie&Christina

*Love at first sight.!

Offline BabyBear

• Site Member
  • Who's a pretty girl
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2007, 01:56:57 PM »
She sounds fantastic  :luv: I love Cockers with alot of caracter.

I wish you best of luck.
Al, Cath, And not forgetting Skye xxx ;)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Went to see Buffy today
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2007, 09:32:11 PM »
Just had an email from Buffy's breeder.  Apparently today she managed to escape from her puppy pen - she is the only pup in the litter who managed to do so - and her breeder says she is obviously clever and unfazed by anything!   :luv:I am so delighted we seem to have picked the right pup for our household.  She needs to be brave to come to our lunatic asylum!
I showed her photo to my friends today and they can't wait to meet her too.
I had a little cry on Saturday after Crufts, cos my mum would have been so pleased to hear all about it and it hit hard that she is no longer here to listen to me waffling on about things.  She always wanted a cocker but never quite got round to having one, so I know she would approve of us getting Buffy.
We are counting the days - although feel a bit guilty cos poor old Trev is having an operation on his hand a few days before we go and collect her, so counting down to the day we collect her reminds him of how soon his operation is going to be.
At least he will have cocker cuddles to look forward to when he comes home from hospital!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline ali

• Site Member
Re: Buffy update
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2007, 09:45:18 PM »
At least he will have cocker cuddles to look forward to when he comes home from hospital!

i can't think of a better recipe for an enjoyably recovery! though, granted, it may mean that he doesn't manage an awful lot of rest and relaxation!  :luv:

i can only imagine how it must feel to start to experience things without a parent around to share them with you. i'm sure that buffy will bring a lot of joy to your lives though. :)

my mum's called buffy and she's a character too- must be something about the name!  :005:
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Re: Buffy update
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2007, 09:47:29 PM »
Buffy sounds a real live-wire,Penny. :D

I expect she'll take your OH's mind off his hand once you get her home!! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)