Author Topic: Short haired cockers  (Read 14182 times)

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Re: Short haired cockers
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 11:22:44 AM »
I have been looking at that one too Helen, and she looks very spaniel-like in that one.  I know markings can change as they grew, but she hasn't got the same eye-markings in the most recent pic.

She is a gorgeous little girl, whatever she is.
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 11:31:13 AM »
What ever she is i thinks shes lovely  :luv:  :luv:

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 12:47:02 PM »
Does the breeder have other breeds? maybe the cocker girl was mated with a cocker then got to an entire beagle without the breeder realising  :-\
Cayley.

Offline BabyBear

• Site Member
  • Who's a pretty girl
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »
I have to say that i agree with the majority of the others i'm afraid  :'(

Beautiful as she is i really don't think she's a cocker..... The early photo's would strongly suggest that she is indeed a cocker but like Tracy S has said, there are some definate differences  :huh:

That said though she is adorable no matter what breed she is  :luv: :luv:
Al, Cath, And not forgetting Skye xxx ;)

Offline helen1

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 02:42:27 PM »
Im no expert but both photos look like two completely different dogs to me.  They are both gorgeous tho :luv:

Did you think you were getting a spaniel?
Does he have pedegree papers?
Did you pay alot of money ? (not being nosey, its just that if you have paid for a cocker and you've possibly not got one, will you get any money back in compensation)

I can imagine you have fallen in love and wouldnt give the puppy up, but what if someone has Your Pup and youhave theirs :-\
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 05:47:58 PM »
Im no expert but on comparing the pics Im not entirely convinced they are the same dog. She is absolutely  :luv: though and if you really love her does it matter wether she is pure or not.

I can understand the question of cost but would you part with her now even if you found out she wasn't pure?

We never got Glen from a reliable source as I have admitted before and he never came with papers so we can never be sure he is 100% cocker but we also don't care as we love him and he certainly has the characteristics of a cocker. If he's a cross breed he's certainly not ashamed of it and neither are we.  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 05:55:55 PM »
Matt - whatever she is, she is  :luv:, and I am sure that taking her back is not an option  ;)

BUT, I do think that to do the best you can for her, you should try to find out her true pedigree  :-\ A Beagle has a totally different temperament to a cocker spaniel, and if you did your research and chose a cocker for their breed traits as they best fitted into your family situation, then a beagle (or any other breed) are not going to live up to those expections.

If you find out what she is, then you can research her "real" breeds, and find out what challenges you are likely to face; you can meet other dogs of the same breed and talk to trainers and owners about how the breed are best handled  :-\

You might also want to consider reporting the breeder to Trading Standards to ensure that this is not a common practice  ::)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline matt preece

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 08:30:30 PM »
Thank you! for all your comments and offers of help regarding Molly and her breed. As far as we are aware Molly is a pedigree cocker spaniel and we paid £500 for her. We have seen the mother who was a golden cocker but we haven't seen the father. The mother was not very hairy but was definately a cocker. I have attached a copy of the pedigree registration document and today I have also rang the dog lovers association and I was assured that they only register full pedigree's. Still I have this niggling feeling that something is not right, but we adore her anyway and would not be without her.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/mattpreece/Photo_2007_3_21_8_55_20-1.jpg

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 08:35:48 PM »
Thank you! for all your comments and offers of help regarding Molly and her breed. As far as we are aware Molly is a pedigree cocker spaniel and we paid £500 for her. We have seen the mother who was a golden cocker but we haven't seen the father. The mother was not very hairy but was definately a cocker. I have attached a copy of the pedigree registration document and today I have also rang the dog lovers association and I was assured that they only register full pedigree's. Still I have this niggling feeling that something is not right, but we adore her anyway and would not be without her.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/mattpreece/Photo_2007_3_21_8_55_20-1.jpg

So is Molly not registered with the Kennel Club, she is registered with the dog lovers asscocaition :-\ I think thats what you mean!! Sorry if I am being dense!

EDA Have just googled some of the names on that and they are coming up ECS :-\ :-\  I'm sure some one more in the know will be able to help more :blink:

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »
D*g l*vers will register ANY dog I'm afraid, they say as much on their web site. So just because it states cocker doesn't mean it is  >:(

BUT she is totally gorgeous either way so I wouldn't worry.

Where did they say the father was??? Was this a planned litter do you know??

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 08:47:39 PM »
I recognised some of the kennel names on the Sire's side  :huh: 

EDA Got Dam and Sire mixed up  ph34r
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 08:50:09 PM »
Billy has Bell valley in his pedigree

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 08:55:42 PM »
Billy has Bell valley in his pedigree

One of the dogs on matts pedigree is Billy's grandad who is also kc registered as he's on Billy's KC pedigree  ::)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »
The affixes on the sire's side are well known
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 09:02:23 PM »
I know you love your little girl, and so you should, she is lovely  :luv: :luv:  but i seriously doubt the credibility of your breeder and really don't think you have the pup that that DL pedigree shows.

As others say, it is a fairly meaningless document as there are no checks or regulations such as the kennel club impose :-\

I'd love to know more about the breeder, such as, does he breed any other types of dog?
helen & jarvis x