Author Topic: We have had to say goodbye to Maisy  (Read 12315 times)

Offline Beanie

• Site Member
We have had to say goodbye to Maisy
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:01:52 AM »
As Many of you know we have had various problems with Maisy and her behaviour over the last few months.  It had escalated and got out of control, things which I had not even posted on here such as seriously biting people, flying into rages over nothing and in the end badly biting Rob's face on Sunday for no reason (in fact she even displayed it to the vet on Tuesday who was very shocked).  I cannot explain it all now, in fact I don't want to cause I don't want to remember her like that.  We consulted our vet and a behaviourist, they advised that in their opinion Maisy had "Rage Syndrome" and would never ever be trained out of it and things would get worse. She was not re-homeable because of the extent of the problem and the best thing we could do for her would be to put her to sleep.

So yesterday at 09.40 after spending one last happy evening with Maisy we had her put to sleep, it was the hardest thing which I have ever had to do in my life and it feels as though my heart is broken.  We stayed with her until the end.  To see her yesterday morning chasing the birds around the field filled my heart with sadness, she looked at me as they were injecting her as if to plead with me not to do it.  I wish so much I could have saved her, I wish it could have been different.

The thing is I know we are partly to blame, we brought a non KC registered dog, we did not see her mother or all the other things we should have done.  I thought I was saving her from that place but in the end nothing could save her.   I wish I had found this site earlier and researched better but I didn't and although I regret it, I  do not regret one minute spent with my Maisy.

I know many of you will have opinions on what I have just said, the non KC, the Rage syndrome which some people do not think exists.  Please do not debate it here and now, until you have seen it with your own eyes or been in my shoes it is hard to believe.  but believe this, I would not have given up on her no matter how much training, time or money it would have taken, if it could have been done I would have done it.  Some of you may say I deserve it for being so stupid in the first place, but I saw her and fell in love with her and maybe it was just meant to be that we would give her a happy four months of love, fun and care.

And so to my darling Maisy Moo.  I am so so sorry. I miss every bone of you, we all do.  our home is not the same without you and we will never ever forget you.  I hope wherever you are now there are birdies to chase, dogs to play with and people to love.  chicken for every meal and lots and lots of carpet to chew. you will never be forgotton by any of us and every tear I have cried has been worth it to have your love for the time we did, I wish you were still here with all my heart.

Thank you all for your help and advise over the last months.  Good luck for the future and I hope you all have lots of happy time with your cockers.

Nina

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: We have had to say goodbye to Maisy
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:05:28 AM »
 :'( :'(  I'm so sorry Nina that it ended like this for you

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:16:02 AM »
 :'( :'(

Oh my gosh, i'm so desperately sorry to read this Nina :'(

Run free at the bridge sweet Maisy :luv:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:17:49 AM »
So sorry to hear this news - I had no idea things had got to this stage :( Sleep tight Maisy :luv:
Jane

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »
Nina I am SO SO sorry, my heart aches just reading it. I don't think you need to feel bad about what has happened - you did all you could have done.  Thinking of you x
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 10:20:58 AM »
Sorry to hear your sad news Nina  :'(
RIP Maisy  :luv:  :luv:

xx

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 10:21:38 AM »
I'm so sorry for you   :'( :'(  I'm sure you've done everything you could for her.

Millie

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 10:22:55 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(

I'm sorry too, not many things make me tearful, but i'm so incredibly sad for you all.

I hope you and your family are coping as best you can, my thoughts are with you. :'(
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline loujo

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 10:25:18 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( - So sorry. 

Thinking of you and your family.  :-*  If you ever need any support or anything talk to us COLers or feel free to PM me.

Sleep tight Maisy.
Louise xxx
(and Robbie 10yrs old and Alfie 7yrs old)

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »
Im sorry to Hear that  Maisy was Pts  :'( :'( . Hope your hubbys Facial wounds heal quickley .
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »
SO sorry for you and Maisy. Thinking of you.  :'(

Offline lexi

• Site Member
    • Spaniel Photos
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »
And so to my darling Maisy Moo.  I am so so sorry. I miss every bone of you, we all do.  our home is not the same without you and we will never ever forget you.  I hope wherever you are now there are birdies to chase, dogs to play with and people to love.  chicken for every meal and lots and lots of carpet to chew. you will never be forgotton by any of us and every tear I have cried has been worth it to have your love for the time we did, I wish you were still here with all my heart.

What a beautiful farewell!  :'( :'( :'(

So very sorry for your loss.

Alexa
"Always be a little kinder than necessary." J.M. Barrie
Lexi, Mac, Shadow & Galak (with Holly & Byron in our hearts)

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 10:32:14 AM »
I'm So Sorry, I really do feel for you,  :'( Hugs   I think you have been very brave, don't blame yourself. You gave Maisy all of your love. I'm so sad for you. Run free maisy.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 10:34:03 AM »
Nina

I am so sorry to hear about Maisy - you have made me go all leaky and I am sat at my desk with tears streaming down my face.

I hope you are all ok.

Run free at the bridge Maisy Moo.

Caroline xxxxx
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 10:38:18 AM »
So sorry to read your news. 

Thinking of you at this dreadful time.  Maisy looks beautiful, just remember the love you gave each other.

Gilly x
xxx  Gill, Skye-de-Pie and Puppy Ruaidh  xxx