Author Topic: We have had to say goodbye to Maisy  (Read 12382 times)

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
Re: We have had to say goodbye to Maisy
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2007, 03:28:13 PM »
I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss, my heart aches for you and your family. Thinking of you take care. :luv:
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2007, 06:11:26 PM »
I'm so sorry, but how very brave of you to set Maisy free of her demons.

Enjoy chasing the birdies at the Bridge Maisy.

Offline Krisdt

• Site Member
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2007, 09:28:27 PM »
So sorry for you all  :'(

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »
I am so sorry, your heart must be breaking.  :'(

Its an incredibly hard decision to make, you have been very brave.

My heart pours out to you, take care of yourself.

Run free little Maisy.  :luv:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline debz

• Site Member
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2007, 10:45:49 PM »
i'm so sorry what a heartbreaking decision :'( :'(  i can't even imagine how you must be feeling :'( your thread was so moving i was in floods  :'(
My thoughts are with you  :luv: Tom and i would like to send you big healing hugs  :luv:

Offline sharesy

• Site Member
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2007, 09:30:26 PM »
So sorry to hear your sad news. :'(

Cazzie

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
How old was wee Maisy?  :luv:

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2007, 07:48:40 PM »
How old was wee Maisy?  :luv:
Cazzie I think she was around 6 months old!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline cocotheblackcocker

• Site Member
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
As Many of you know we have had various problems with Maisy and her behaviour over the last few months.  It had escalated and got out of control, things which I had not even posted on here such as seriously biting people, flying into rages over nothing and in the end badly biting Rob's face on Sunday for no reason (in fact she even displayed it to the vet on Tuesday who was very shocked).  I cannot explain it all now, in fact I don't want to cause I don't want to remember her like that.  We consulted our vet and a behaviourist, they advised that in their opinion Maisy had "Rage Syndrome" and would never ever be trained out of it and things would get worse. She was not re-homeable because of the extent of the problem and the best thing we could do for her would be to put her to sleep.

So yesterday at 09.40 after spending one last happy evening with Maisy we had her put to sleep, it was the hardest thing which I have ever had to do in my life and it feels as though my heart is broken.  We stayed with her until the end.  To see her yesterday morning chasing the birds around the field filled my heart with sadness, she looked at me as they were injecting her as if to plead with me not to do it.  I wish so much I could have saved her, I wish it could have been different.

The thing is I know we are partly to blame, we brought a non KC registered dog, we did not see her mother or all the other things we should have done.  I thought I was saving her from that place but in the end nothing could save her.   I wish I had found this site earlier and researched better but I didn't and although I regret it, I  do not regret one minute spent with my Maisy.

I know many of you will have opinions on what I have just said, the non KC, the Rage syndrome which some people do not think exists.  Please do not debate it here and now, until you have seen it with your own eyes or been in my shoes it is hard to believe.  but believe this, I would not have given up on her no matter how much training, time or money it would have taken, if it could have been done I would have done it.  Some of you may say I deserve it for being so stupid in the first place, but I saw her and fell in love with her and maybe it was just meant to be that we would give her a happy four months of love, fun and care.

And so to my darling Maisy Moo.  I am so so sorry. I miss every bone of you, we all do.  our home is not the same without you and we will never ever forget you.  I hope wherever you are now there are birdies to chase, dogs to play with and people to love.  chicken for every meal and lots and lots of carpet to chew. you will never be forgotton by any of us and every tear I have cried has been worth it to have your love for the time we did, I wish you were still here with all my heart.

Thank you all for your help and advise over the last months.  Good luck for the future and I hope you all have lots of happy time with your cockers.

Nina
    im so sorry to hear what you've been through its brought many tears to my eyes.      :'(

Offline Beanie

• Site Member
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
Thank you everyone for your wonderful words. 

Things have begun to get easier although I still find myself thinking she will be waiting at the door when I get in and waking in time to go for a walk and chase the birdies.  I know it will get better but at the moment there is a massive hole.  I had some wonderful cuddles at the weekend with some lovely cockers (you know who you are  ;)) and we are going to get another.

Maisy for just six months old but had shown many signs of rage from around 4 months, when it went from puppy behaviour to quite vicious at times.  I am looking into the breeder (if you can call her that  ph34r) at the moment and I won't rest until I at least get some answers.

Nina
x

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »
Nina I can not add anything to what has already been said. My heart breaks for you. Run free Maisy.  :'( :'(
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2007, 11:40:55 AM »
Nina

Just read your thread and my heart absolutely breaks for you  :'( :'( :'(  Maisy was a lucky girl to have such a loving family in her short life  :D

Take care xxxx
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2007, 09:47:48 PM »
Maisy for just six months old but had shown many signs of rage from around 4 months, when it went from puppy behaviour to quite vicious at times.  I am looking into the breeder (if you can call her that  ph34r) at the moment and I won't rest until I at least get some answers.

Well done you for looking into Maisey's so called breeder  ;) 

I'm sure things are still hard at home - love to you all  :luv: :-* ;)

Cazzie

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2007, 09:50:46 PM »
Is anyone up on Rage syndrome? As the info would be good  :blink:

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »
Is anyone up on Rage syndromCae? As the info would be good  :blink:

Hi Cazzie

Linda Ward is extremely knowledgeable on the subject - you can contact her via the following website.

http://www.cockerspanielrage.org.uk/

I would also imagine that if you did a search on Linda Ward or Rage Syndrome in the search facility you'd find a fair bit  :D :D :D
HTH
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."