Author Topic: He's a real dog!  (Read 1621 times)

Offline YorkshirePudd

• Site Member
He's a real dog!
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:49:47 AM »
Was starting to think Milo really was a crocodile in disguise,  >:D none of the noises he makes are that of a normal dog, and he behaves like a crock far more than a pup. This morning however, Milo, for the first time, while Mr Pudd was putting his breaky down ... Barked!!!  :lol: and it was a proper growly man dog bark, not those winey things he does when he wants out of his crate after he's pood. I nearly spat out my toast!
I got 2 More barks later today at playtime too! I'm so proud - so thought I'd share my precious moment!   :005: :luv: ;)

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
Re: He's a real dog!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:54:34 AM »
Oh you may be proud now, but in a few weeks you will be wishing he was still only whining! Once he gets to like the sound of his voice your doomed  :005:  :005:
Well done little Milo on your big acheivement.

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:20:28 PM »
I think I am doomed.  Just recently, over the past couple of days, Sam seems to have found his voice.  He barks all the time for no reason at all!!  Argh!!!   >:D
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 12:53:52 PM »
Weel done Milo!!

Murphy was a late barker, and kept giving himself a fright!  Maddi on the other paw, well tbh I think she was born barking!!

Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline nikkij

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
Congratulations Milo!  :D
Alfie has just found his voice too, first time he barked he turned around as if to say who done that?    :005:
Nikki and Alfie X

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 05:38:40 PM »
hehe I remember I nearly wet myself the first time Milo barked (at the football) and then he started barking at the hoover, a curtain poles and at me screwing the feet onto the sofa!  :005: He is so funny.
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline Emmylou

• Site Member
  • Cosby and Boo!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 05:50:41 PM »
in our house we call them big boy barks

Boo never makes a peep but then every so often a big boy bark appears.  Cosby on the other hand never bloody shuts up.

Congrats - you'll be wishing he'd never learnt to use his voice soon

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 05:51:55 PM »
YEYEYEY Congratulations! You must be so proud (you just wait till he cocks his leg, it'll be like Christmas  ;))

I nearly cried with deepest love when a baking try fell over in the cupboard a couple of days ago making a big bang. Dave rushed past me saying 'move over lady I'll handle this for you' and went totally ballistic at the cupboard. Then trotted back to me giving the odd final warning disgruntled 'woof' over his shoulder as if to say - now you know what will happen if you threaten the lady again..  :luv: :luv:

Ok I might be reading a little much into this, but I had an attempted break in when I was here a couple of weeks ago, luckily they got scared off as soon as they heard me but my 'protector' slept through the whole thing  ::) so I'm glad to see a bit or progress on the old 'I'd lay down my life for you because you give me the odd bowl of food occasionally' front  :D

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline YorkshirePudd

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 08:57:53 AM »
Now that is a funny tale - the cupboard that is - not the cheeky git that tried to get in! (did they catch him?  :police: )
Milo hasn't really barked since, think it was all a bit much for him tbh!  :luv:

Offline bonnie blue

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 10:13:57 AM »
Hi that was quick Maisie didn't bark till she was 5 months!We thought it was bliss cos Cassie is a very barky girl even now Maisie isn't a barker! :angel:
                           Bonnie blue ;)
Owned by Molly and Poppy and never ever forgetting Maisie at the bridge x

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 12:35:30 PM »
Now that is a funny tale - the cupboard that is - not the cheeky git that tried to get in! (did they catch him?  :police: )
Milo hasn't really barked since, think it was all a bit much for him tbh!  :luv:

Unfortunately by the time I'd tripped over all the 'keep puppy in the backroom/kitchen area so he doesn't eat the rest of the house' defenses and made it to the front door (which had been kicked open) I could only hear them running down the bottom of the gravel path out of my garden and up the road - it was dark so didn't see a thing.. grrrr  Something similar happened when my last cocker was alive at my old house (only it wasn't sinister they were just standing in my gate way chatting on the way back from the pub and I hadn't shut my front door properly) That ended up with two grown men pinned against a car with my hero, Trev  :luv:, barking and holding them there... they were terrified and asking me to 'call my dog off' I couldn't stop laughing afterwards, he was brilliant! (Just for the record he never bit anyone just used his best 'big dog bark!')

Milo get practising!

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x