Author Topic: The Cocker Greeting  (Read 3752 times)

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Re: The Cocker Greeting
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 05:20:55 PM »
al mine do it except Cleo, and its sooo funny to watch them try to find something if there is nothing at hand, Alfie and April usually are greeting you togeher with the a bit of the same thing stuffed in their mouths.
Ive been greeted with allsorts from an item of washing, to a tin of beans, (Cleo used to open the kitchen cupboard doors when we were out, so the cockers had loads of tins to choose from)
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline GailyK81

• Donator
  • My Beautiful boy Shadow
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 05:51:50 PM »
Thanks for all your replys and I agree with you it is a lovely greeting, especially combined with the cocker waddle that Shadow is also a dab hand (bottom) at  :005: :005: :luv:

Gailxxxxx

Offline bella15

• Site Member
  • Cody
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 07:13:53 PM »
I think it's a cocker thing!  :lol:

Totally agree  ;) All four of mine greet us with either a soft toy or something when we get up,when we come back from being out shopping   :luv:
Buster though always steals whatever the girls have in their mouths,so he is usually walking round with four soft toys hanging from his mouth :005:

Offline Terri Carpenter

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
Holly does it - she runs round in a panic until she finds the right toy and then shows it to you while doing the cocker wriggle.

Pippa and Sadie only do it occasionally - Sadie always makes me laugh because she tries to bark - not so easy with a toy in your mouth :005:

Offline mikenlisa

• Site Member
  • Poppy & Bertie having a moment...
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 08:37:32 PM »
Bertie does this too, he picks up the nearest thing to him and he paces up & down, bending his body and wriggling his bum at the same time, breathing like a horse :005: Poppy just looks at him as if to say, what on earth are you doing, you weirdo :005:
Love
Lisa, Mike, Poppy & Bertie
xxxx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 08:47:01 PM »
My Daisy does this every morning and whenever I've been out  :luv: ..usually with her teddy ..but if not anything thats handy  :005:  Georgie does'nt do it.
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 01:30:36 AM »
Yeeah Ruby does it too!!! :luv:  along with the dememted singing with her mouth full!! and yes with nothing to hand she will take a large towell out with her instead :005:!! don t mind the early wake up call cos she is so sweet!! ;)
jo & ruby =)

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 04:45:26 AM »
Aww Bella doesn't do that  ::)

Offline kellyjayne

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 06:20:12 AM »
Yep, toby greets me with a toy in his mouth (sometimes two!) It's very cute at 5.30 in the morning when I get up for work :D
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.  ~Roger Caras

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 10:36:34 AM »
Yip, Murphy does it and Maddi is starting to.  Parading aroung grunting like a bull!

As many of you have already said, it is one of the loveliest things in the world a cocker running toward you with a toy in its mouth and tail going faster than anything!  (Could we harness this power for a new power source - all that re-newable energy, forget your wind farms!!)  :005:

Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 06:32:40 PM »
Haha. That sounds so funny! What a greeting. I hope my soon to be Cocker is one that does it.

Offline Doggone Mad

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 07:23:16 PM »
When Hamish gets up in the morning he always loves to grab a favourite toy and comes over with it in his mouth for a cuddle.  Doesn't let it go, just holds onto it tightly usually until I've popped his lead on to take him out for his early morning toilet dander. Dead cute !

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 08:29:51 PM »
I think the whole thing of a Cocker greeting, toy or not, is filled with utter, utter joy!  There can't possibly be a warmer welcome in the world.   :luv:

Utterly agree ... its just  :luv:
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 10:03:22 PM »
Jagger and Molly dont do this, but I would like to know how to teach them, might stop them jumping up so much lol

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 10:05:54 PM »
Jagger and Molly dont do this, but I would like to know how to teach them, might stop them jumping up so much lol
Sadly Coco just jumps up with the toy in her mouth  ::)  It doesn't stop her barking either as she has perfected a way of barking whilst her mouth is stuffed full of teddy bear!  :005:
Julie and Watson