Author Topic: HELP WE NEED SLEEP!!!!!!  (Read 1958 times)

Offline jasu

• Site Member
HELP WE NEED SLEEP!!!!!!
« on: January 04, 2004, 11:22:59 AM »
HI , WE HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A BLUE ROAN CALLED BECKS, WE ALREADY HAVE A BLACK AND WHITE CALLED BUD AND WE HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT NIGHT TIMES. BECKS BARKS AND CRIES ALL NIGHT , HE HAS A CAGE AND HIS OWN BED, WE JUST CANT REALLY REMEMBER IF THERE WAS ANYTHING INPARTICULAR WE USED TO DO, ANY TIPS  CHEERS   :idea:                    
Susan Hudson

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
HELP WE NEED SLEEP!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 11:33:08 AM »
Hi  Susan - welcome to the group.

First - would you please turn your caps lock off, it's considered "shouting" on the 'net and I'm sure that's not what you intended - prob the lack of sleep :D thanks

As for your puppy, it's easy to forget how painful those first nights and weeks can be :cry: . As you have a crate for him, why not let him be in your room by your bed, that usually works a treat. Where does Bud sleep though as it could cause upset if the puppy is allowed to do things Bud isn't.

Both my boys have always slept in crates in our room and we've had no problems at all. This was after sticking it out for four nights with number one and not being able to stand any more :roll: .

It also helps with holidays and trips etc as we just take their crate and they sleep very well in any room with us.

Good luck and enjoy your two boys :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline jasu

• Site Member
HELP WE NEED SLEEP!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 11:56:28 AM »
bud sleeps in our back room, he goes to bed at a certain time and sleeps in his own room.no problems, we had becks in there in the crate the first night, then last night we brought him out into the dining roomwith a "run" fixed to it to give him more space. Each night he has messed himself almost immediately first night we didnt know and him and the crate were covered, we cought it last night but when we got up he had messed(on his toilet mat) but it was everywere, during the day hes a delight, we put bits in the crate but cant get him to settle in it.  ps sorry for shouting, sue :lol:  :shock:                    
Susan Hudson

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
HELP WE NEED SLEEP!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 02:25:39 PM »
Hi Susan. I had a very simliar problem with our 12 eek old pup Indie. He still sometimes does it, the pooing thing, only the other day in fact, and I'm sure it's an attention thing with him anyway.

I find he's more likely to do it if we  are rushed or spend less time on his routine at bedtime, but I wish I knew a cure. He is still pretty bad at night sometimes, but getting better, so I hope you see some improvement soon, I know how wearing the nights are.

Shona and Indie.                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Daisydoo

• Site Member
HELP WE NEED SLEEP!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 03:15:12 PM »
Hi Sue

We found that after a week of no sleep with the pup in a crate in the kitchen that by leaving her out of the crate, and asleep when we go to bed she now sleeps through the night, waking us at about 7.00am (if we dont beat her to it !)
A hot water bottle in a cuddly cover helped, we also used a ticking clock in the bottle cover........we did perserve (I dont know how) and didnt bring her into the bedroom - having gone that route once before found it increased seperation anxiety and thought we'd try something different ...
Hope you get some sleep soon  :cry:                    
Love Tanya & Daisy
XXX