Author Topic: How did you cope with the hour of madness?  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: How did you cope with the hour of madness?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 06:07:34 PM »
Bonnee hurtles round and round the circular centrepiece we have in our lawn at full pelt, yapping wildly.....Molo just looks on, with his usual bemused expression  :005:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 06:22:31 PM »
Ellie also has a mad hour.  She's 13 weeks.  We try to tire her out by throwing her ball or playing tug of war.  Invariably , this means that if we stop playing, she will nip us as if to say ..."Oi you - play!!" :005:

The worst is though that she will run at our leather settee and start scratching and digging like she's trying to get inside it, and then start to bite it.  We can't deter her, and usually when this happens, I take her out of the room, and put her in her basket. We just leave her five minutes, and usually by the time we let her back in she's calmed down. Quite often she goes to sleep, so I think this behaviour occurs when she's over tired or often when we are not paying her any attention (a bit like children reallyl)

I'm sure you'll find something that works for you - good luck  :blink:

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 09:00:58 PM »
i tend to sit down put my feet upand let him get on with it god bless sky plus as i just record lol

Offline *kimbo*

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 09:36:41 AM »
What a great response from everyone thanks, it makes me feel better that other people are going through/have gone through the same experiences as me!!! It also make me realise that I dont have a nutter dog and its just part of her growing up and being a puppy.
I do enjoy watching her but do worry that she might do herself a mischief one day.
She was still the same last night although this time she mananged to make me miss the bush tucker trial in I'm a Celebrity.....O/H said it was really good and no I dont have sky plus mores the pity!!!
I am now thinking that when she is able to start going out for walks it will burn off some of that excess energy she has stored up. Roll on that day...... ;)

Offline hle

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »
Please learn to enjoy the mad hour. I think it's a cocker thing and I'm quite sure they don't grow out of it.  Just move anything that they can hurt themselves on, sit back and love watching it. I look forward to Cody's, luckily he has 2, one in the morning at about 6.30 (hope the neighbours don't mind) then another after tea just before his walk. I grew up with a cocker as a child and remember his mad hours with head down and that " I'm coming so get out of my way" look in his eyes. He still did it at 13, that's what I love about them - ever playful.
Good luck!

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 12:28:37 PM »
It's all good fun - as long as they don't come to any harm!  :005:
xxx  Gill, Skye-de-Pie and Puppy Ruaidh  xxx

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 09:35:01 PM »
Heh heh... the wall of death is easier in the summer when you can chuck them in the garden, it has to be said!

You will probably have to get used to it though and the nipping should stop somewhere around 4-5-6 months  :D

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 10:05:08 PM »
Hahahaha!

I've had my pup 2 days today, and I took him out about 7:30 in the garden this evening, and he ran around like a bullet! I'm assuming this is a Cocker's "mad half hour", right?

He then laid asleep at the foot of my chair for the next couple of hours, lol.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 10:08:19 PM »
I think it's a cocker thing

Its a puppy thing --- every pup that comes here does it ::)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!