Author Topic: Our new pup came home tonight  (Read 3579 times)

Offline pwhite48

• Site Member
Our new pup came home tonight
« on: January 09, 2004, 12:10:51 AM »
Well after months of searching, and then weeks of waiting, we finally brought our new puppy home tonight :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

We are now the proud owners of a beautiful 8 week old golden bitch called Honey.

So far so good  :D  She spent the first few minutes having a good sniff around, met the cat  :twisted:  and woolfed down her chicken dinner.  We then played for a while before she decided she wanted a kip.  She cried out mid-play (I thought she'd hert herself) then promptly trotted off to her crate and fell almost instantly asleep. Is that normal? It was as though by crying out she was telling us 'nice to meet you folks; like the look of my new home and all that but I've got to get some shut-eye!'  

She's spent most of the evening asleep in her crate but we've had a few successful 'toilets' on her paper - even waiting and crying at the back door for a number 2 :wink:  

I'd just like to thank everyone on COL who have offered me advice and guidance over the last few months.  I am sure that I wouldn't be half as equipped as a new owner had it not been for you guys :lol:

Look forward to updating and exchanging thoughts with you very soon
All the best
Phil (& Honey!)                    
All the best
Phil

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 07:46:10 AM »
Phil, she sounds like a little angel :D  Glad to hear she is settling in so well and it will soon feel like she's been around forever :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 08:46:01 AM »
At last aye Phil the long wait is finally over and your little Honey is at home.  She sounds adorable and very clever already.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 09:21:21 AM »
Nice one Phil, bet you're elated to finally have Honey home! Looking forward to hearing all about her  :lol:                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 09:22:17 AM »
Well after months of searching, and then weeks of waiting, we finally brought our new puppy home tonight :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

We are now the proud owners of a beautiful 8 week old golden bitch called Honey.

So far so good  :D  She spent the first few minutes having a good sniff around, met the cat  :twisted:  and woolfed down her chicken dinner.  We then played for a while before she decided she wanted a kip.  She cried out mid-play (I thought she'd hert herself) then promptly trotted off to her crate and fell almost instantly asleep. Is that normal? It was as though by crying out she was telling us 'nice to meet you folks; like the look of my new home and all that but I've got to get some shut-eye!'  

Awww, congratulations, she sounds lovely! I love golden cockers, I wanted one!

I hope you are all very happy together, and I second your compliment to this board - I couldn't have done it without them either.

Shona xx
She's spent most of the evening asleep in her crate but we've had a few successful 'toilets' on her paper - even waiting and crying at the back door for a number 2 :wink:  

I'd just like to thank everyone on COL who have offered me advice and guidance over the last few months.  I am sure that I wouldn't be half as equipped as a new owner had it not been for you guys :lol:

Look forward to updating and exchanging thoughts with you very soon
All the best
Phil (& Honey!)

Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 09:33:17 AM »
Really pleased for you.  It won't take long before you couldn't imagine life without her.

Loraine.                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 09:46:12 AM »
:D Welcome to life with a cocker Phil :wink:   You won't believe how quickly you forget what it was like to have no cocker in the house, its fun fun fun from now on, I have to say we haven't laughed so much as a family since we have had Indie :lol:   She can put a smile on your face, even when the postman has just delieverd your January credit card statement!!!  What a tonic these little dogs are :wink:

Honey sounds adorable :lol:   I know we can't post piccies at the mo, but can I be really cheekie and ask for you to email me one :wink:

Best of luck with her and enjoy!                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 10:06:08 AM »
Hello to Honey.

Emmie, we can post pix but you have to post them directly from another server like Muchos, Photobucket (I posted some in intro recently http://cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3541). See thread in forum support:

http://cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3545                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 11:21:03 AM »
Congratulations Phil!

I hope she continues to be the little angel she has so far for you ;)

Kel                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 01:19:09 PM »
I 'm so pleased for you Phil.  I have a golden bitch too :lol:  :lol:   I can't believe my Jess is 21 weeks old :shock:

Time certainly does fly when your'e having fun and like Emma said there's loads of that once you have a cocker in the family :lol:  :lol:

Enjoy your new bundle  :wink:  :wink:                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 01:38:13 PM »
Glad your wait is finally over and Honey is home safe and sound  :D
I'm sure we'll be hearing more stories of Cocker mischief from you soon  :wink:

Gilly                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2004, 03:09:32 PM »
Hi Phil

Glad to hear you have got Honey home at last, I bet you are all grinning from ear to ear. :D

I'm sure we would all love to see photos, especially those of us in the large red/gold fan club on here (Gill is our leader :wink: ). Maybe you could try photobucket.com as suggested by Penny. I've started loading pics on there and it seems quite easy to use...... even for a computer illiterate like myself. Or failing that maybe a nice new avatar to give us a glimpse of the little girl ? Same goes for your Jess, Linda. :D                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2004, 04:31:20 PM »
Hi Colin,

This might sound sooooooo stupid but how do I get a piccy of my little darlin where my username is?  Is this what an avatar is? God I'm so thick when it comes to computer stuff :oops:  :oops:

How do i post pics on here now, I think its changed since I last did it, quite some weeks go now too......

She has grown loads since then :lol:  

Yes Colin, I must admit to being a fan of the reds/golds but I wouldn't say no to another cocker whatever colour it was  :lol:  :lol:

Maybe next year eh?

Linda and Jess  xxxxxxxxxxxxx                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline pwhite48

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2004, 04:49:52 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Day one and all is well  :lol:  Honey seems to be settling in fine - lots of sleeping (wish I was a cocker pup :wink: ) and play.

I will have a go at the photobucket and avatar as I've taken about 1000 pics already (bit of an exaggeration!)

Kind regards
Phil                    
All the best
Phil

Offline Phil

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2004, 05:06:11 PM »
Congratulations Phil, hope you have as much fun with yours as we do with ours.

Brin went to puppy training for the first time last night. My, that was an experience!

Phil.