Author Topic: puppy number 2!  (Read 1443 times)

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
puppy number 2!
« on: May 29, 2008, 07:56:43 AM »
well after weeks and weeks and weeks of thinking about a new puppy i think i have decide that yes now is the time. i have my name down for pups ready to come home the beginning of august.

i have wrote lists of pros and cons and have worked everything out financially, sorted out the day time when i'm in work (6 1/2) hours etc.

i am nervous though ph34r (with sam we decided we would have a dog, went out and bought him ph34r i know now that this is the wrong way to do this, but i didn't have time to worry)

i am wondering did everyone else feel like this when they were getting a second puppy??

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
Re: puppy number 2!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 08:10:04 AM »
Yes it's perfectly normal!

In fact I felt like that with my first too!  Because we had to wait 8 months for him! 

With the second I worried, what if they dont get on, what if I leave out the first, what if I don't focus on training enough etc etc etc!  But when she arrived, after the innitial 24hours of sniffing each other she settled really well and they now get on really really well!

I wouldn't change it for the world! 

Ok so there's always a bit of jealousy but as long as you give them equal fuss they'll be fine!

It's going to be a long couple of months wait for you!

I wish you all the luck with your new pup!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:15:36 AM »
Excellent time to have a pup Fran, you'll have 6 weeks of school holidays / col walks to settle it in. Any ideas of colour / sex / names yet? (any more in litter so I can have one too??)
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »
the pups haven't been born yet so holding out on names etc. haven't told connor yet as i know loads of things could go wrong :-\ i want a bitch this time hopefull orange roan but we'll have to wait and see what comes :D

yes it will be a long wait!!!!

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 09:16:15 AM »
Ohhh how exciting!!

Blue Roan & Tan with an Orange Roan - perfect combination!!!  :lol2:  :shades:

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Taffy Girl

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 09:23:01 AM »
Oooh how exciting - You might have seen that we are contemplating it too ..... but I need to have my sensible head on.  :005:

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 09:25:34 AM »
We'll have to organise a COL 'puppy' walk that the babies can manage  :D
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »
Ohhh how exciting!!

Blue Roan & Tan with an Orange Roan - perfect combination!!!  :lol2:  :shades:

yes of course :005:

Oooh how exciting - You might have seen that we are contemplating it too ..... but I need to have my sensible head on.  :005:

no i must of missed something :huh: my senisble head has been working overtime :005:

Offline louisew

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »
Hi I have an orange roan Amber who is 11 months and have her half brother Harvey who is a 15 week old blue roan and tan, they get on great but I am so glad we got another pup. I bet you can't wait until August.Can't wait to see your new addition on here. Louise Amber and Harvey x

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 10:22:29 AM »
I to am getting another cocker in 5 weeks, will belong to my daugther, (vet nurse) who would you believe is on holiday  when the puppy will be ready to come home, i'm taking the week off work. Dad is a dark blue roan and mum orange roan , she had 2 bitches and 2 dogs, all are at the moment black and white, no orange on them at all, so you have to wait to see what you will be able have after they are born,as we didnt get our orange roan boy. but our little boy is special, last born from a lovely mother who won't be bred from again. But i like you have little worries that ellie will accept him into our household,(she is a mummies girl) but not as bad as when i brought ellie home 3 years ago with a husband that didn't like dogs much. But hat a difference a cocker has made to him :luv:they both love each other now, so our new little boy will fit in much easier

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »
I found getting dog number 2 was a huge decision - but worked fine.
Number 3 was easier,
number 4 much easier, and we are now counting the days till the beginning of July when we collect Harriet - our chocolate roan and tan puppy (who we are hoping to go and visit again this week!)
Best of luck - I am sure all will go well!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 08:05:48 PM »
Aaaw. Good luck. I'm very jealous. OH keeps badgering me about pup no2 but we def have our hands full with one at the mo.  :luv:
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »
I know I am very lucky as my husband is as dog crazy as I am - in fact number 5 was entirely HIS idea!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 05:14:50 AM »
I know I am very lucky as my husband is as dog crazy as I am - in fact number 5 was entirely HIS idea!

You are one spoilt woman by that man of yours  ;)

well after weeks and weeks and weeks of thinking about a new puppy i think i have decide that yes now is the time. i have my name down for pups ready to come home the beginning of august.

i have wrote lists of pros and cons and have worked everything out financially, sorted out the day time when i'm in work (6 1/2) hours etc.

i am nervous though ph34r (with sam we decided we would have a dog, went out and bought him ph34r i know now that this is the wrong way to do this, but i didn't have time to worry)

i am wondering did everyone else feel like this when they were getting a second puppy??

I didn't have too much time to think with getting any of mine  ph34r  First was in need of a new home and I had been without a dog for 18 months, due to losing my other two within days of each other.

Getting No 2 in this house just happened rather quickly, went to see a litter of pups the day they were going to new homes (NO WAY were we going to have one, breeder a friend so we had gone for lunch)  Hmmm then unfortunately there was one un sold and she found her way into our car  :005:  (that was 3 days later after we had discussed and talked about it mind  ;) ) So not much time to wonder and have doubts.

Getting the 3rd - well I had been thinking and looking for a rescue and then we decided not to get one just then. Then I get a call telling me all about Braan on the Monday and due to circumstances at the time (son in hospital, tonsils out) I forgot about him till the Thursday and I phoned and said No at 2pm but by 7.30pm phoned back and said yes  if he was still available  :shades: and went and collected him on the friday evening  :005:

Good luck on getting your new pup  :D