Author Topic: When do....  (Read 1073 times)

Offline JerryBerry

When do....
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:04:28 PM »
....puppies stop growing? - me and my OH have read quite a few 'cocker' books between us and the advice in them varies anywhere between 6 -12 months!!!  Jerry is just coming up 5 months and weighs 19lb.
MICHELLE AND JERRY XXX

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
Re: When do....
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 09:13:52 PM »
I would say about 12 months for actually growing but they do tend to fill out a bit more after that.

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:30:53 PM »
i heard its 12-18 months for maturity for these size breeds? i may be wrong?
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »
I think Jarv stopped growing bone wise at around 9 months - he put on muscle after that till he was around 15 months old  :blink:
helen & jarvis x

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 10:26:46 PM »
Roxy stopped growing height wise at about 9 months but did change shape a bit after that, as Helen said filling out a bit and looking a bit less 'puppy' like! she is 14 months now and not noticed any difference from when she was about 11 months...

looking back on photos the shape of her face changed quite a bit too, but I can only see that now!

Offline SimonandMandy

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 11:06:48 PM »
eeekkk... don't scare me Harvey is already 15.5 inches to the top of shoulder and weighing in at 12.2 kg the porker although he is not overweight and the vet assures us his weight is perfectly fine for his age and build...

Offline JerryBerry

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 07:32:20 AM »
eeekkk... don't scare me Harvey is already 15.5 inches to the top of shoulder and weighing in at 12.2 kg the porker although he is not overweight and the vet assures us his weight is perfectly fine for his age and build...

I think Jerry is on course to be around this size at Harveys age! He doesnt look in the slightest bit chubby - he's quite gangly really but flippin 'eck do you know about it if you have to pick him up for a couple of mins!!! The bloater  :005:
MICHELLE AND JERRY XXX

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »

you've got a gorgeous big cocker on your hands :luv: :luv: :luv:  Jarv is 15 1/2 inches (he is a short ar$e) at 3 years, and 12.7 kgs (tis all muscle;) )

helen & jarvis x

Offline lopey99

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 10:21:50 AM »
i havent measured cassies height mainly cause she wont stand still for long enough but she was weighed at the vets last night for her 6th month check up and she was just over 9kgs and i agree try holding her for anymore than a few mins and you got one sore arm!

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 09:58:16 AM »
jacks 7mths old and weighs about 12.5kg. hes quiet big for a cocker and towers over his mum whos tiny but his sire is quiet big. He seemed to grow really fast until 6mths then its slowed down a little.