Author Topic: Crates??  (Read 2097 times)

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
Re: Crates??
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »
well ive got Marty home, hes been in his crate once, but my breeder suggested getting a small cardboard box to act as a bed and using that  as its smaller and will feel more like a den will also give him more room for a toilet area in there aswel.will see how it goes and use the bed later when hes a bit older i think. Thanks for all your help, hopefully he'll love it.
xx

Offline *AmandaB*

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »
Pop the smaller box in the crate maybe?

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 11:45:42 AM »
thats what i did, worked a treat, only woke up once at 11.30.

hes such a little angel atm., sitting on my lap while i type.
xx

Offline angel7

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »
I am just about to get an 8 week old puppy and will be crating him. I have never done this with my previous dogs and need to know if I should leave water in the carte overnight.
Thanks for you help.
Carol  :D

Offline *AmandaB*

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »
I think it depends how long they are going to be expected to 'sleep' for. One of mine had water and was fine the other one was dry when she didn't have water but we made sure we got up early and that the room was cool enough as puppies can overheat / or get cold very quickly. I would try with water, if you have toileting problems then you can re-think.

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 12:22:06 PM »
Marty is almost 10 weeks and i've had him home with me for 6 days,the crate has worked really well for me and he settles down for the night at about 10 o clock after having his dinner and going to the toilet, i put the radio on for him and put a hot water bottle covered with a blanket ( the one we sent to the breeder so it would smell like his littermates) he has a small water pot which attachs to the side of the crate and i turn the light off and he sleeps/rests until i go in to let him out at 8 in the morning for his breakfast.Occasionally he will wee in his crate ( on the paper) but thats usually when he hasnt been before he goes to bed.

I have put newspaper and a puppy pad on the floor of the crate and then a small cardboard box with his blankets in up the other end. i also made sure he has a tyre to chew and his cuddly toy lobster aswel.

He's been very good with it and i'd recommend using the crate. he likes resting in their when he gets tired during the day aswel

very proud of my little angel sleeping so well!
x