Author Topic: puppy biting feet,legs and clothes  (Read 10784 times)

Offline Eceni

• Limited Member
Re: puppy biting feet,legs and clothes
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
You're right, it was McConnell. 

and

'Behave!' is rather better than Neptune - or at least, about a decade more recent.

and

when I was young my mother ran a DoE rehab centre for birds of prey.  I vividly remember the day one of the young kestrels destroyed my Roget's Thesaurus on the pages about transport and horses... I was horse-mad at the time and not paying attention to training the birds. It did get me focused again  ;)

and yes, I'd have thought a puppy pen or a baby gate so that the pup can be confined to one room would be good.

e
"The only requirements for a soft landing (from peak oil) are that power companies tell the truth about their reserves and that Governments act before they have to. I hope this makes you feel safer." George Monbiot

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
Re: puppy biting feet,legs and clothes
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2008, 07:51:35 PM »
I recall many times trying to get my socks on in the morning b4 Smudge decided to take a nip on my toes - ouch indeed, >:D but what i did was have an old sock handy and just rolled it up in a ball and threw it for him, far as possible - the results were hilarious, :005:(and time consuming, but at least I have got all my toes intact. I got ready for work/outing at the last possible moment.

I actually threw the socks and shoes I wanted to put on. So now Alfred is bringing them to me to help me dress. I found it best to do it before a walk or car trip so they want you dressed as fast as possible. :)

yes that is a good rouse - I taught retrieve then cottoned onto making getting my shoes into a game - he now thinks holding my shoe then dropping it when asked is really clever  ;) shame it doesnt work with paper - paper clips - my phone ear piece - the list goes on  :005: but them my teen is a work in progress  :lol:
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk