Author Topic: Zombie needs help  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Zombie needs help
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 07:05:53 PM »
HI Michelle,

Have you tried giving a small amount of warm horlicks.

Jazz used to have this. I have been really lucky, apart from the first few nights, she now sleeps (or is quiet). for upto 10 hours.

It may be worth a try.                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Zombie needs help
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 10:00:56 AM »
How was she last night Michelle?                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Zombie needs help
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 10:15:56 AM »
she was a little bit better, didn't try and settle her till midnight she then cried for half an hour and slept until 2 when she cried again for a few minutes she then slept until 4 ish and cried for 1 hour solid :shock: so I put her in bed with me and she slept until 6.30  :roll:   Now I remember why I only had one child :wink:  

Michelle                    

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
Zombie needs help
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 11:23:13 AM »
Michelle - I can totally sympathise.   :cry: We've had Woody for three days and the first two nights were awful!!  Luckily for us, the house next door to ours (we're an end terrace) is empty but we have to keep the windows closed to prevent other neighbours complaining.

Woody had a better night last night - we only had one howling session at 1.30 which lasted 15 mins.   :lol: The first night we had a 45 minute session and I was at my wits end!

It sounds as though this is something we all have to go through and I am incredibly lucky that I don't work and so I can snooze during the day when Woody does.  I can't offer any advice right now, cos we're finding our feet but just to say you're not on your own.  I had no idea it would be this hard but I don't regret Woody for a second and I'm sure you feel the same way about Abby too.  Keep going!!!   :D                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Zombie needs help
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 12:46:55 PM »
Thanks Everybody for the advice.

Gill, I rang that number and they have only got the snuggle kitty :roll: not sure if that is suitable? But I will do a bit of research before I order it.

Jo,

Glad to know that Abby's crying is normal? and that I am not the only person in the country lying awake.  :D  For some reason my daughter has not heard her once even though her bedroom is next to the kitchen(bungalow)  :roll: What is Woody's date of birth? I guess he is about the same age as Abby 8wks 4 days.

Michelle                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Zombie needs help
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 01:03:44 PM »
I thought the same thing Michelle...are Woody and Abby related  :?:                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Zombie needs help
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 02:08:18 PM »
I thought the same thing Michelle...are Woody and Abby related  :?:

They are not from the same litter as Abby's litter where all girls :) but they probably share some names in their pedigrees.  The main ones I recognise in Abby's are Charbonnel Warlord(grandad) and Jimmison Noel at Glenntree(dad), she also has quite a few Broomleaf and Cardamine again just names that I recognise?? don't really know much about them?  But I find it fascinating that I can look up her grandparents and see pictures on the net :shock:  the power of technology :wink: Pity its not so easy to do your own family tree :)

Michelle                    

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Zombie needs help
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 10:07:21 PM »
I'm glad it's getting a bit better for you. Our nights are still disrupted, but like you it's early days....Lottie is 9 weeks today.
I think the problem I have is that I find it heartbreaking to leave her crying, she sounds so sad. I know I am doing the wrong thing by going down to her, but I hope she will sleep longer soon.
Good luck with your little one :)                    

Offline Andrea L

• Site Member
Zombie needs help
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 10:48:42 PM »
I sympathise with you all.Silas has been a little star at bedtime .No crying at all now when he goes to bed and nothing until 6ish in the morning.He's so laid back about everything(cool dude  8) or what!!).
 But Michelle and Jo, I've had 4 babies so it's about time I got some kip!!! :D                    
lots of woofs n' licks,
Andrea, Silas and Marley

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Zombie needs help
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2004, 09:23:17 AM »
Hoard's of dancing smilies(can't do them because I am at work)

Abby slept for 5 hours solid, it may not sound a lot but its a big improvment.  She has probably done it becuase yesterday I spent £50 ordering her a Snuggle Puppy and a Dap diffuser :? so by the time it gets here she won't need it :roll:

Michelle                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Zombie needs help
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2004, 09:26:47 AM »
Great news about her sleeping Michelle :D   Not so great about you spending all the money, but if yuo haven't ordered maybe you would be wishing you had :wink:  :lol:                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Zombie needs help
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 10:00:29 AM »
yyaaaayyyy!! thats brilliant news Michelle                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Zombie needs help
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2004, 11:35:37 AM »
Thats really great Michelle :wink:  I'm so pleased for you!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx